• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Rbs merged and closed my accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 2 accounts with RBS

one is okay

other went overdrawn because of charges

sued bank 3 times to get charges back

they paid up before court case heard

by the time they paid other charges added so it was snowballing effect as their £28 monthly fee and interest added to debt .

Put another claim in which is now stayed due to OFT case

however other charges have continued other charges continue to be added now debt in excess of £500 charges claimed around £650 .

Even though case stayed RBS sent letters asking for cheque book back even though I dont use account in question

asked for cheque books back on other account which there is nothing wrong .

I phoned wrote but no one takes any notice .

Phoned up last week to see where my statement was and was told it was annual statement .

Rubbish I said

they said ie my local branch where Ive banked for 20 years you have to phone collection n centre .

i said why they said because both accounts there .

I phoned them they said I was on annual statement

one account £200 credit

other £500 debit approx

it seems they have cancelled all my standing orders and direct debits on account that was okay as its been moved to and they have amalgamated the accounts into one overall debt ie £500 -

£200 approx £300 i owe them even though if their charges given back they owe me .

They have defaulted me on accounts

employed Triton as recovery agents

say all my cheques Ive issued on good account will be returned and I must pay in to clear my deficit .

My pension goes in the good account as do other credits but as they say the accounts ie both are not operational I cant draw cash or anything at all .

I have spoken to branch

to debt recovery

they dont listen at all and say they can take whatever action they want for recovery regardless of the case at court which is stayed

surely if a debt is in dispute they shouldn't be bale to do that ?

as they have issued default surely as all debt and more is made up of charges that is illegal too ?

as I cant now get hold of my money in good account what do I do ?

If I take out another case for illegal default it will get stayed .

I cant take to ombudsman can i as charges case is ongoing default etc

I havent had a final response in effect no response

im in limbo

no money

no account

my credit history in more tatters because of default and I dont know what to do .

Triton is phoning me for money

texted me for money

getting letters form my direct debit people charging me more as payment not made etc as cancelled by bank on good account

Please advise Regards Gaz

I am in a very similar situation with RBS (except I only have 1 account). The account is showing about -£1200 all made up on charges and interest and I'm claiming £2200 but they are adding more and more interest on to the debt...I've personally opened a parachute account at Barclays and ignoring the RBS bull and I'll make a 2nd claim after the 1st one is concluded for all interest I've paid as my account would always have been at a positive balance. I'll also claim for all defaults to be removed.

At 1st I kinda buried my head in the sand and RBS passed my details on to fredrikson debt collection agency, I disputed owing anything as my account should be in positive balance and they returned it to RBS and I've not heard a peep since (except a letter that was phrased as if they WON the OFT test case LMAO)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Glad im not only one banging head against brick wall

I'd personally rate the IQ of the brick wall as being the highest :p they should know they're gonna fold in the end, and all they are doing is making sure I never bank with them in the future!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

yes agree but what they are doing is making my bad credit worse and making things so so difficult to do anything bounce cheques cancel direct debits etc when I actually have money in the one account and the other debt is disputed because of charges hope someone can tel me where i stand legally

Can someone tell me what to do I cant get at my money surely thats illegal ????

I am sure that we can help you. However, the team - and many of the non-team read maybe hundreds of requests for help every day. We don't get paid. You could at least help us by using some spacing, punctuation and capital letters in your story. As it was originally it was really just too much trouble to follow. As I have rearranged it, it is far more legible and yet still not understandable in some places.

I'm not trying to cause you embarrassment but it is a serious problem and it will discourage all sorts of people from helping you.

• dx100uk changed the title to Rbs charges reclaiming
  • dx100uk changed the title to Rbs merged and closed my accounts