Help/advice needed regarding minor accident

SodaO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

Yesterday I was involved in a minor accident. I pulled off from a green traffic light and had progressed about 3 feet when a car turned across the junction from the right. I am guessing they had just missed the green arrow. I was on my motorcycle and swerved to go around them (braking would have meant being rear ended by the car behind me). I would have missed them but they braked in order to avoid hitting a cyclist who was also moving off from the green light.

All that happened was my left footpeg broke off but it did cause some damage to their rear bumper. I don't want to claim through my insurance because:

- the damage is way less than my excess.

- I will lose my NCB

Another thing - my left foot is a bit stiff and slightly sore (but not broken or anything) due to connecting with the car. Should I do anything about this?

However, I'm not sure if they will claim.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

If it was their fault, you won't lose your NCB, but then you'd need to prove it was their fault. Did you get the name and number of a witness? (The cyclist? The car behind you?) If your light was green, they probably jumped their light.

Never underestimate how much "crash" injuries can hurt, as the adrenaline and shock from the incident will overpower the "ouch" involved, so you might find in a few days that it really hurts!

You are not a fault, so you will not lose your NCB. You can claim off the other persons insurance to fix your bike in full, have a courtesy bike whilst being repaired and claim for damages.

If you have an accident if you have a mobile camera phone take pics of the scene and discreetly the other persons face in case of any queries who was driving afterwards. Get their reg number and ins details and address along with phone number. Get witnesses and see if any CCTV cameras are in the area. If you are injured go and see your GP or the local A+E as they will log the visit if needed to claim for injuries. Claim for injuries through a solicitor.

Remember NEVER EVER admit responsibility even if your fault. Exchange details and say its down to the insurance companies to sort out who is at fault. As soon as poss ring your insurance company and log the accident even if you were not at fault.

Best of luck.

Debt Managers (Barclaycard) £7150 - CCA sent - poor photcopy of app form - they rtnd acct to BC. Then Robinson Way come on scene - sent packing straight away. Will they try a third attempt????? :) Yes they did, roll on Westcot, told them were to stuff it. Not heard anything since but Lowell Financial have been searching my credit file. Round 4, ding a ling ling!!:D Now Crapquest on the scene - bought the debt and want the balance... don't think so 8)

Equidebt (Co-Operative Visa) £6800 - CCA sent in June - no response still!! Was Ex-Northern Rock card so probably lost. Equidebt have now agreed to write off and remove credit ref listing completely!!! :lol:

Robinson Way (Abbey) - debt sold to RW £1840 - await letter from them....cant CCA as bank account.... agreed to settle for £368 :-D