Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder fergal71 Novitiate fergal71 Novitiate fergal71's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Mar 2006
    I am in
    liverpool

Default PPI interest calculator

can any one help I am looking for a simple calculator to work out how much I should put in my letter to the FSO. The companies in question have not got a leg to stand on as in all my claims Firstly I was not advised and secondly i am self employed, and loans in my partners name again she is a housewife.... I am confident I will get refunds I just want to make sure it is for correct amount..?????

On all it looks like the PPIicon was single premium added on to loan therefore interesticon been charged on the total, secondly can I claim for interest I would have received if that cash was in my bank account,,,, can anyone give me some direction much appreciated

Similar Threads:

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2006
    I am in
    Cumbria

Default Re: PPI interest calculator

Hello fergal,

can any one help I am looking for a simple calculator to work out how much I should put in my letter to the FSO. The companies in question have not got a leg to stand on as in all my claims Firstly I was not advised and secondly i am self employed, and loans in my partners name again she is a housewife.... I am confident I will get refunds I just want to make sure it is for correct amount..?????

On all it looks like the PPIicon was single premium added on to loan therefore interesticon been charged on the total, secondly can I claim for interest I would have received if that cash was in my bank account,,,, can anyone give me some direction much appreciated
    There are spreadsheets on the site for Excel but a recent find is...
    New Square Chambers - Interest Calculator

and this one. Not tried by me yet called dual calc posted by BRW

here

Hope this helps you

aa

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    banker_rhymes_with Authoritative banker_rhymes_with Authoritative banker_rhymes_with Authoritative banker_rhymes_with Authoritative banker_rhymes_with Authoritative banker_rhymes_with Authoritative banker_rhymes_with Authoritative banker_rhymes_with Authoritative banker_rhymes_with Authoritative banker_rhymes_with Authoritative banker_rhymes_with Authoritative banker_rhymes_with's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2008
    I am in
    Debt Slavery :(

Hello Fergal!

The DualCalc is Software by the Office of Fair Trading, a bit of a b*gger to figure out how to use it, but it seems OK once you get the hang of it.

Steven4064 has more details of this in his interesticon Tutorial which is...(shoots off to try and find the link)...here it is:

Interest tutorial

DualCalc seems to be good for working out Settlement Figures, say, if one Loan was Paid off with another, and you need to check if the Pay-Off was fair and reasonable.

The bankers don't like giving back PPIicon, as it's about 96% Profit for them as far as I can tell. So, they seldom refund the PPI appropriately when one Loan with PPI is turned into another Loan with PPI.

It can also help to check APR on a Loan and much, much more that I have yet to understand.

But DualCalc, being OFT Software, is hard to argue with provided you use it correctly and are sure the Numbers you put in are correct and entered correctly. Double check the results, especially the ones that you already know but have let DualCalc work out for itself. Ask on here if not sure.

I'm pretty poop at Maths, it has to be said, so rely heavily on Spreadsheets and my trusty Calculator. DualCalc made my walnut hurt, but you may find numbers less bemusing than me.

I can look at a column of numbers and, well, they look like a column of numbers!

My Accountant can look at the same column of numbers, and he can see all sorts of funny things that make him chuckle and giggle. I just can't see it myself, they're just a bunch of numbers.

Cheers,
    BRW

Basic Account Holder doolally lady Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2007

Just sending a get well soon wish to your walnut, lol x

Basic Account Holder fergal71 Novitiate fergal71 Novitiate fergal71's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2006
    I am in
    liverpool

superb cheers guys

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE