Notice of correction message on credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just checked my credit file and found this on there in the notice of correction part.

what is the CRA trying to imply about me. all because i made request o have linked addresses removed. and made a claim that cabot have failed to supply a CCA to prove they have the powers to collect a debt. heres the correction as i found it.

Y1 / THE ACCURACY OF THIS DATA HAS BEEN DISPUTED BY THE INDIVIDUAL CONCERNED AND WE HAVE NOW CONTACTED THE SUBSCRIBER. CARE SHOULD THEREFORE BE TAKEN WHEN USING THIS ITEM OF DATA TO ASSESS THE CREDITWORTHINESS OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONCERNED.

Hi Vogelrock

I have the exact same notice on my Experian report for a financial association that just never existed. Basically, the CRA writes to whoever put the notice on to ask for proof they were allowed to do that and in the meantime they put that on to show there is a dispute with the info and anyone searching should not rely on this particular entry to judge you.

Well thats what they told me! I don't know what good, if any, it does though.

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Cheers for that. i banged the question back at them about it.

think i have another question for them now. how can a mortgage account have two defaults against me.

one for the whole amount and one for the monthly payments.

i only really have one debt with my mortgage company and that is the full amount.

i think it is time to Keep the CRA's on there toes and make sure they are doing there job and check each and every default someone wants to file against someone. that is there job right.

so far i have had good results to get files amended to reflect a better judgement of me as a person now compared to me 5-8yrs ago.

have noticed that callcredit are one of the worse offenders for removing information from a credit report.

i know of 2 defaults that have been removed by two different companies on my credit report at experian. but both are still on my callcredit report. even though i was informed they have be told to remove them by both companies.

Call credit are useless, they even have my ccj listed at the wrong court! As for your mortgage that just doesn't sound right. How can you be defaulted twice for the same debt??

You would think the CRA would query that before putting it in, do they not have a responsibility to check entries also? Check out the link below, it is VERY interesting reading!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/129437-information-commissioners-office-six.html

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

thats what i have based all my questions on. it seems to be working so far. i am getting responses. but it is taking quite a few emails to get it all sorted.

call credit will have go to be taken to task i think.

they are so bad they should not be allowed to hold anyones information at all.

Edited by vogelrok