style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently made a claim and it turns out the Financial Advisor who arranged my morgage and home insurance has made a clerical error and the insurance policy was setup for my old address. So you can imagine the alarms bells started ringing as I realised the severity of this.

I got straight on the phone to the FA and demanded as answer, i am being told the complaint is being investigated.

I am unsure where i stand as I have being paying for a policy for over 10 months on my old address and my new property is not insured. I have now reinsured my new property but need to make a claim as I have a leak and bathroom, kitchen, bedroom are affected.

Will the financial adivors be liable for the costs?

I can not claim on my new policy as this is a known problem.

I would also like to know what I can do? Is the a financial body i can complain to?

any comments will be gratefully accepted.

many thanks

Christian:)

I recently made a claim and it turns out the Financial Advisor who arranged my morgage and home insurance has made a clerical error and the insurance policy was setup for my old address. So you can imagine the alarms bells started ringing as I realised the severity of this.

I got straight on the phone to the FA and demanded as answer, i am being told the complaint is being investigated.

I am unsure where i stand as I have being paying for a policy for over 10 months on my old address and my new property is not insured. I have now reinsured my new property but need to make a claim as I have a leak and bathroom, kitchen, bedroom are affected.

Will the financial adivors be liable for the costs?

I can not claim on my new policy as this is a known problem.

I would also like to know what I can do? Is the a financial body i can complain to?

any comments will be gratefully accepted.

many thanks

Christian:)

Hi, the financial advisor will be liable for the wrong address as its down to him. have they admitted fault? You cant claim on your new policy as you knew about it . You can complian to the financial services authourity who have a compensation scheme. I expect the financial advisor will sort it for you though as its down to him/her really and they should at least give you 10 months insurance premuims as youve been paying for your old address!

Do you know if the calls are recorded?

All financial advisers are required by law to have professional indemnity insurance, so you should be able to claim on that if your insurance company refuses to meet your claim as a result of the FA's negligence.