Travel Insurance Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My claim has taken 5 months and I have just been offered £190. They are saying they will not cover money because it was not on my person.

I have told them I checked my stuff at baggage before I left the conveyor belt and I had everything and the cash in my bag, then I was running around looking for a taxi and when i got to the connecting airport i had lost the bag.

Basically this is the meat of my third letter and i'm getting tired of this:

""The last time I had the money it was quite clearly on my person and therefore I see no reason as to why I am not covered under the terms and conditions of the policy. Today I spoke to XXX who tells me that carrying something in a bag means it is not on my person. I can assure you this is not a true statement and a bag can be either on your person or not on your person.

I think you are being unreasonable to suggest that the money was not on my person given the fact that the money was in a wallet, contained in a valuables bag that I wore around my arm and therefore was on my person.

To repeat my statements from previous letters the bag was a valuables bag specifically for the purpose of carrying valuables and unlike my luggage it remained on my person until it was lost. Where exactly it was lost (before I got into the taxi or after) is irrelevant; it was on my person.""

Is there anything to add? Can I start mentioning costs because they are really wasting my time here.

This is not very lcear. What kind of bag? Did you put it down, where, why, how long? etc.

What do theri T&Cs say about cash?