Flood Claim, Caravan costs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Short list of facts

I have an Abbey National house /contents "peace of Mind " policy with Unlimited cover for buildings and contents ( cost £500+ PA)

We were flooded on 20th July 2007, 3 feet deep, water in house for 2 days.

I phoned Abbey to state my claim on 20th July about 2pm

Problems at Abbey National meant the claim never went to the Loss adjusters until 24th July, This then put us way down their priority list because of all the other flood claims between 20th and 24th.

No one visited us to access our needs until 30th July.

I purchased a caravan as the Insurance company had done nothing.

They later sent a cheque for my accomodation costs that I used to pay off the Loan for the Caravan and my hotel bills. There was no specific mention that any monies needed to be paid back.

They did not find me any more suitable accomodation for my Family of 4. My policy says I am entitled to equivalent level of accomodation.

Long and short of it is they are now insisting that I sell the caravan and pay them the money back.

I've been standing my ground as I'm angry at their lack of service when I needed it most, but they are now threatening legal action.

Do I stand a chance of keeping the caravan or should I fold and sell the caravan to pay them off.

Any advice or info from anyone in similar circumstances would be appreciated. Thanks