Council Debt Issues - Help For my Daughter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

A bit of advice please for my daughter - she has received today 2 attachment of earnings orders today out of the blue relating to where she lived 2 -3 years ago

The problem is that she never received any court paperwork relating to the above orders, in fact she had moved after the papers were allegedly sent. They have tracked her down through I assume NI or Tax records to where she works.

Whilst she openly admits there maybe an amount owing she does dispute the amount being claimed

Is there any way she can dispute the amount claimed or even have any liability orders already granted set aside at his late stage?

Many thanks in advance

Steve

• Haha 1

The order can be setup any time after the Liability Order is granted - even several years later is a debtor has not settled in full.

She will not have been traced by Tax or NI Records as council's do not have access to that data for Council Tax purposes/

When the original Liability Order was granted their would have first been a bill, followed by at least 1 reminder and then a Court Summons before the Liability Order could be granted.

If she has any dispute over balances then she needs to contact the council that issued the orders for more information.