style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Took dog out for walk tonight and forgot to lock a window. Got back and someone had got thru it took tv, xbox, phone laptop and unlocked my back door and left. Phoning insurers tomorrow morning, am I up poo creek or will they pay? Doesn't mention they won't pay for that in my policy booklet? How effing stupid, so peed off! :-(

You will have to check your policy schedule and see if your have endorsments for minium security. If you have then they will refuse the claim or make you pay a higher excess. if you havnt then you might be ok. Can you remember when you took the policy out if you were asked about security features locks on doors and windows etc??

Took dog out for walk tonight and forgot to lock a window. Got back and someone had got thru it took tv, xbox, phone laptop and unlocked my back door and left. Phoning insurers tomorrow morning, am I up poo creek or will they pay? Doesn't mention they won't pay for that in my policy booklet? How effing stupid, so peed off! :-(

Also you will have to ring the police if you havnt already done so and get a crime report number etc..

Police been and gave crime number. They asked all the regular questions about locks and stuff, toldcthe truth, it is a new house and has all the features.

Police been and gave crime number. They asked all the regular questions about locks and stuff, toldcthe truth, it is a new house and has all the features.

Then if you've been given the discount for security if has to be in operation at all times i know it sounds silly but thats the way it is how much has the loss cost you?

Thats really unlucky - you have my sympathy.

Unfortunately, the insurance probably is void now. Not what you want to hear, I know. Hope you do get it sorted though.

Once bitten twice shy I suppose....I leave my windows open all the time, and this story is a good reminder to me to shut the bloody things!

At least the iPhone is worth £100 less now £169 now, although you'll be lucky to get hold of one. :D

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

about £1700 all in. Phone was £270 (iPhone)

who r u insured with? if you look in the policy booklet it will say somewhere about leaving windows open etc.. they may pay out but charge you 250 excess but its worth it considering how much you have lost!

Was the window open, or closed and not locked?

If it was open, then the insurance probably won't pay out, but if it was closed, but you just hadn't locked it (i.e. they still forced the window/prised it open), then you might stand a semi-fighting chance...

• Haha 1