Motorbike GAP Insurance Claim Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I bought a brand new Honda CBR600-RR in March 07 for £7500 and had a great time with it, at the time of buying the bike I decided that it was a good choice to get GAP cover or VRP (Vehicle Replacement Policy) after being sold the cover by my bike sales man through HONDA. incidentally at no stage was I advised by the salesman that it required comprehensive cover.

I had comprehensive cover when I took the policy. In August 07 the comprehensive cover expired and I renewed with 3rd Party FIRE AND THEFT.

In February the bike was stolen from London Bridge and I started my claims process. I got an offer from my insurance company of £5500 less £450 excess leaving me with £5050, i sent off all paper work to my GAP insurers and I have today received a letter denying my claim on the grounds that the bike was not covered FULLY COMP and refers to a small print. Now, when I bought the policy I was not sent any documents and I had to go down to the honda dealer to request this. Time passed and I never got the docs, I went back to Honda again in about december last year and got them to send it again and it came through finally, but by this point my original comprehensive cover had expired and i had 3rd party fire/theft.

the letter they have sent does highlight that comprehensive cover is required, but i still think this is farce, on what grounds does it make any difference other than to avoid paying out claims like mine. If I had crashed my bike and was 3rd party fire and theft, then clearly I know that I have no leg to stand on.

My vehicle was insured for theft and my main insurerers are paying the claim, there is no grounds whatsoever for this clause other than to rip off consumers.

I am now down potentially £1500 PLUS the £300 I payed for the 3year Bike cover, I would not have taken 3rd party fire and theft had I known that they would pull this sort of rubbish.

Please, has anyone experienced the same or does anyone know if I can make them pay up, I cannot afford to replace my bike without this and I am so angry right now that they can even say this, its a total technicality, it makes no odds to them.

help? :(

Edited by HoldYourColour