council tax banding worried sick

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

i moved house 6 months ago and just got a letter from the council saying that a previous owner had an extension done and now they have the right to come and reband the house

but the extension was done prior to 1993 and no changes have been made since

when i phoned and pointed this out they said oh we must have overlooked it at the time of valuing

i also asked if that was the case why did they not reband in 2005 when the house changed hands

oh we must have overlooked it again

so thats twice they got it wroung

when i brought the house i asked the band and thought yes i can afford that at no point was i tolded that it will go up after i brought it

me and my wife are now stressed that we will not be able to afford the higher payments

we are the same band as all the other houses in the street with the exception of a couple of smaller places that are in a lower band

some of the other houses in the same band have had extensions some have not

if my band goes up i will be paying the most in the street and we dont have anymore bedrooms just a garage and utilaty and downstairs toilet

any advice would be welcomed

also i cant see why i have to take time off work and lose money to let them in just for them to charge me more money i am on a lose lose situration

please help

regards

lee