style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Local Authority issued 5000 final demand notices on 17th April giving those people 7 days to pay up, whether or not they received the notice. On 1st May, (still within the first period of Ctax and only 21 days overdue) 2000 court summons were issued at a cost to the residents of my borough of some £130,000. In their own words non of these will be revoked.

I asked them what would happen if all 2000 people turned up to represent themselves (not even enter a defence) just to be present. By my calculation it would take at least 2-3 months to see JUST the people from April, let alone all the rest as people struggle even more each month. The system would stall, crash and burn. They didn't have a response. Neither did they to the question of 'when can we expect the rest of government services to be undertaken with the same level of ruthless efficiency.' Unfortunately we all know the answer to that one.

What about actually prosecuting criminals (or as our local police did most recently, cautioning someone for possession of a knife and pulling it in a fight that resulting in someone needing hospital treatment for a cut hand! :confused:). Whereby 2000 local people are summoned to local magistrates within 21 days of missing their first council tax payment and all have their ability to pay via installments revoked!

This country has gone to the dogs and I can't wait to leave.

Rant Over:(

The summons would have been issued only because people have not responded to a bill and a reminder - plenty of time for people to pay or at very least contact the council to agree a new arrangement.