Problem With Tesco Home Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had an insurance policy with Tesco to which I paid the full 12 payments. I then found a cheaper company and cancelled before they renewed mine. Tesco then decided to refund me a payment and then reported me to a debt collector asking for the last payment again. I contact both Tesco and the debt collector to ask why my last payment was refunded. I received no response from either of them. All I got was a letter from the debt collector saying pay up the £33 or it will cost you £150 through the court. I contacted the debt collector again stating I was entitled to an explaination as to why my last payment was refunded without claiming it or asking for it. I received a crappy letter about it was done in error. I told them this was not good enough, especially as you usually have to fight hammer and tongue to get a payout on a claim. I am tempted to take this to the FOS because I think this has been done vindictively because I also cancelled the pet insurance as it was a rip off.

Any advice???

Abbey - £539 pending - !!!WON!!!

Halifax - £676 pending - stayed at court

2nd Claim with Halifax - £168 pending

Lloyds TSB - £780 (sisters) !!!WON!!! - Filed waste of costs order (on hold)

Barclays - Barclays filed crap defense - on hold

AND THE BANKS ARE STILL CHARGING!!!!!!!

How very dare you!!

What is it that you expect the FOS to do exactly?

You've made a complaint about the outstanding balance, once Tesco investigated they admitted their mistake and wrote off the premium.

With the greatest of respect, you are just one customer out of several million on their books, I very much doubt they would have the time or the inclination to single you out and make things difficult just because you cancelled your cover with them.

What's more likely is a simple system error, which when pointed out to them, they have put right.

My advice? Take it as a learning experience and just let it go as i can see any benefit from trying to take this further.

DA

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)

Yes, I also don't think the FOS will be able to do much about this. They will probably just say that the issue has already been resolved and that it's not part of their remit to "punish" firms for making mistakes. (I've seen FOS decision letters where they've written something along those lines to policyholders).

You wouldn't be able to go to the FOS until you have exhausted Tesco's own complaints process anyway. If you complain to Tesco they might give you a discount off another policy or a small amount of compensation to say sorry but other than that I don't it's worth pursuing any further.