style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm usually in Lloyds forum but had to share this - I have moved out of my house as I'm selling, so thought I'd be very honest (muppet), and let the council know.

I phoned them today, and told them that I had moved out, so I understood that a 10% discount would apply (I already had 25% for single occupancy).

They informed me yes, they would stop the 25% discount (for living alone), and give me only the 10% discount instead (for not living there at all!).

Seems the wrong way round me thinks.

I do know that if I unfurnish the house then I wouldn't have to pay at all for 6 months, but surely that's not the point!

That'll teach me to be so honest!

Fzrkitten.

Fzrkitten

The idea with furnished properties getting charged at a lowed discount is to encourage furnished properties to remain occupied and to get empty ones back on the market when they are available for rent.

Hi,

Thanks for that. Just seemed mad as I'm selling, and they aren't providing me with any services if I'm not there, but I get less discount. I'm just hoping it sells quickly in the current climate!

Best wishes,

Fzrkitten.

Fzrkitten

The reason you only get 25% is because the Council Tax charge is made up of two parts - 50% property and 50% occupier (based on 2 people) so when their is only one occupier you get a discount of 50% of 50%= 25%

The reason you only get 25% is because the Council Tax charge is made up of two parts - 50% property and 50% occupier (based on 2 people) so when their is only one occupier you get a discount of 50% of 50%= 25%

Now that makes sense! Although I remain confused nobody from my council could explain something so simple!

Thank you.