Local authority reserving houses

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondered if this is happening in any other area and if there is anything can be done about it.

In our area we have a list of available properties each week and if you are interested in a property you have to bid on it and the person with more points and need is offered the house.

But what alot of people dont know , which me and my friend recently found out is that there are alot of properties that are reserved and never go on the list. The properties that come on each week are mostly run down houses in run down areas. All the reserved ones that dont go on the list are the best houses in the best areas. This is disgusting because decent families are not getting a chance to live in a decent area and with such housing shortages , why are so many people never given a chance to bid on properties that are reserved. The council wont give any information on why these properties are reserved and why they are the best ones. I just wondered if anyone knew anything about this, or if there is something we can do about it.

This does happen in Sefton, Merseyside.

Each week horrid areas are on the list for bidding, and once in a blue moon a nice area 3 bedroom semi comes on the list but i know of at least 3-4 people/families that have been rehoused without having to bid on anything...

When questioning the council they stated "Every property that is availible is put on the list for fair bidding." However, myself and my OH were down at our local housing office around sept, 07.

We were waiting in the lobby/reception part and I dont think anyone noticed we had walked in. There was a door to a back office wide open and me and OH overheard a conversation that went along the lines of...

Area Man: "here sign this"

Admin Lady: "what is it"

AM: "some old woman passed away and she had a 3bed house but ive already got someone lined up for it, i just need this form signing to say they sucessfully bid on it"

AL: "hang on tho, if it comes back its got my name on it. i could get into trouble for that"

AM: "dont worry if someone says something, we will rip it up and it never happened, but just sign it so i can get the family moved in"

at this point i coughed and someone came out to speak to us

just goes to show, it does happen!

HSBC Credit Card - CCA sent 16.09.08 - Received a blank form

Barclays Partner Finance - CCA sent 16.09.08 - Recieved nothing

GE Capital Bank - CCA sent 16.09.08 - Received signed true copy

Argos Card Services - CCA sent 16.09.08 - Received nothing

Yes, it happens in our area. My daughter's masionettes were being demolished and 3 blocks had to be rehoused. I happen to know that one house was empty as it belonged to my friend's mother who had recently passed away. When my daughter asked if she could be offered this she was told no as it was reserved. My daughter had been a council tenant for 11 years at that time and she was the third longest tenant in the block. It was not offered to either of the other two tenants either.

I can understand them reserving houses when they know that they have to rehouse tenants where properties are being demolished but it shouldn't be happening for any other reason.

I do believe that any cases should be highlighted to the goverment ombudsman if anyone feels that they are not being treated fairly.