Child tax credit claim how long to process?

mich7k
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

wondered if anyone could give me any advice? On a previous thread i mentioned my mum was going to claim ctc never claimed it before anyway the adviser she spoke to said she could claim and have it backdated 93 days whoopee! well anyway she sent her claim form back on the 8/5/08 they say its not on their system but she has to wait until tommorrow and if it is still not on they will resend out the claim pack again which takes 2weeks to arrive then two weeks to process! Can they do this she has already been waiting 4 weeks already! any ideas guys:confused:

I know when my sister claimed such credits the process took just under 3 weeks from applying to getting the 1st payment, and therefore every month, remember the new year has just started for renewals ect so the offices will be sifting through quite alot of claims and renewals, the money can be back-dated, did you look on line to calulate things, look at do i quailfy..least then you will have an idea of how much to expect.

IR Tax Credits Online

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

well guys quick update they cannot locate my mums application for for ctc! said they will raise a trace but could take up to anther two weeks! so after waiting 2 weeks for the form to be sent then 2weeks for the claim to show on screen then another 2 weeks for the trace to come back ..........any ideas this is ridiculous!

• 2 months later...

I am in pretty much the same position, I am claiming tax credits for my 8 week old baby, I applied 3-4 weeks ago.... rang today to see what was happening with my claim, they told me there was something wrong with the claim and put the phone down I rang back and spoke to someone else who said they had amended the claim so now it will process....they wouldnt tell me how long or anything (probably another 3 weeks). Really they have a backlog of claims and mine is not top priority and they are just trying to hold people off. I have been advised to call back and speak to a supervisor. :!::mad::!::mad:

Edited by fiona87
spelling

Just thought id tell you rang them and told them I had no money to feed myself or my baby and guess what they are now processing my claim....but still cant tell me when I will be getting the payments.

I've been waiting 6wks now after changing from being single to getting back with my bf and him living with me. Every wk since the 3rd wk I've been phoning and everytime its the same. That they are still processing it or its been sent somewhere to be processed. If it were the other way round and we owed them money, we would've been flipping penalised for it wks ago!

Am sick of phoning them up. Anyone else waited this long? I almost wish I hadn't told them my change in circumstances.

We are now struggling to pay for stuff so will phone again.

its just a load of b***ocks they can process it with a press of a button, tell them you have no money and need your claim putting through give them a sob story anything.. ask to speak to a supervisor and dont get off the phone untill they tell you that A) your claim is now in place and B) they are sending you confirmation of this including how much you will get. Im calling back on tuesday to see if they will tell me when i will get the money.

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey that does suggest they are overworked at the moment!!!! I informed them of a change in my circumstances in January and it was actioned within 4 days. I do sympathise with you all though. Hope you hear something soon but in my experience it shows up in your bank account before the notification arrives (at least that's something the right way round).

• 1 year later...

i know this is an old thread but just had to say i have been waiting to get child tax credits now since i took in a partner in December 2009, i been waiting Soooo long they finally called me and asked me to go up their office , this was Wednesday 26th may 2010, i had my appointment went up their and was then asked why i was their :-o Errrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

Because i was called by them and asked to come up their,

I think they are all bloody useless and none of them know what the hell they are doing,