Insurance debit charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5815 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just taken out some liability insurance but they use an outside company for their direct debits

They have on their form which I havent signed yet, that they charge £20 each time a direct debit fails and £12.50 for paying by any other method.

Not that my debits are going to bounce but are they legally able to charge these?

Edited by summer30

Guest Old_andrew2018

They may be charges levied on them by the ouside company, they appear to be penalty charges, IMHO you should look at other insurance companies

If you were aware of them before you took out the contract or within the 14 day cooling off period, and still didn't cancel then I don't see there's a lot you can do. As Andrew said, if you're not happy with the terms of the policy then just cancel it and take out a new one with terms that you are happy with.

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)