Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder PPC Buster Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2008

Default Exchanging Irish Licence for UK licence

I want to exchange my Irish licence for a UK one. I have been in the UK a year now and I got busted for speeding last month. Problem is I will have to go to court unless I can get a UK licence soon.

Now when I send off the Irish Licence with my passport as proof of identity is that it? Is that all they need? I have been told horror stories of the DVLA demanding secondary id and proof of address. Is that really the case?

Cheers
    John

Similar Threads:

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator Authoritative ukaviator's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    10 Miles Final

Default Re: Exchanging Irish Licence for UK licence

Hello John

If you are staying in the UK for more than 12 months (from date of first entry) you need to exchange your Irish licence for a UK licence. You can apply on form D1 which is obtainable at any post office.

If you want or need to change your driving licence for a GB driving licence, you must complete the application form D1 that is available from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) form ordering service and Post Office branches.

You will need to enclose original documentation confirming your identity and a passport style colour photograph. Send your completed application and the appropriate fee to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BT.

There is more information here:

Exchanging your foreign driving licence : Directgov - Motoring

And the fees required here:

The cost of a driving licence : Directgov - Motoring

Uk

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Scotland

Default Re: Exchanging Irish Licence for UK licence

They've really tightened up on identity checks, not just for licenced but V5 (Vehicle Registration) documentation too, primarily to cut down on 'M. Mouse' registered keepers which makes a mockery of trying to take them to court for some infraction when they don't exist!

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE