Alphageek Vs Littlewoods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alpha.

Littlewoods are usually just as efficient as MBNA :D

L'woods had to admit defeat after passing my acc onto 2 DCAs. I now have it on the back burner. In the next couple of months i hope to be able to make a full and final in exchange for data removal from my credit file ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi hopeful1,

I don't think Littlewoods will have levied too many admin fees, but you never know. They all add up over the years don't they?

I have recently cleared my account with them and there is little, if any, adverse CRA data so I can afford to be a little more belligerent with this lot.

I was thinking of having a little fun with them and, if it gets to N1 stage, adding to the POC that they must make a donation to a worthy cause as part of the restitution settlement.

I just can't seem to think of a worthy cause tho... any suggestions? :D

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Hi Alpha,

Tell 'em to make a donation to CAG - best place for it. ;)

Have you done seperate letters for CCA and SAR - apparently, you should.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Had a nice letter from them whilst I was away.

Letter Reference: x

Date: xx/05/08

Account Number: x

Brand: Littlewoods finance company, trading as Littlewoods.

Dear Alphageek,

Thank you for your letter dated xx/05/2008, unfortunately we are unable to locate a copy of your executed agreement, but for your information we enclose a current copy of the agreement which applies to this type of account.

This current version includes all contractual variations which have taken place.

According to our records, the account was opened on xx/xx/2004.

Your outstanding balance is currently £0.00 (Arrears £0.00) .In the last 12 months, payments totalling £xxx.xx have been received.

Please confirm that liability for this debt is not disputed. We await your proposals for payment.

Yours faithfully

Admin Support Team.

Just waiting on the SAR now.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Hey Alpha,

Nice to hear them say straight out that they have no CCA agree't.

I'm confused - they say balance = £0.00 but they await proposals for payment.:confused:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I think their computers must be old 386s or they're using the old version of Excel with the calculation bugs in it.

No, oh ok then... it's just a template letter then ;)

Ahaa, so you're looking to reclaim all chgs on this one then.

• 4 weeks later...

Received a letter from them dated 19th/6/08

Dear Alphageek,

Thank you for your recent letter enclosing the £10.00 and requesting subject access under the Data Protection Act 1998, to information which is being held by our company.

I am currently collating all the information and will contact you again shortly.

If I can be of any further assistance..."

...blah, blah, blah!

I make it their 40 days were up on the 21st.

I might just pop a letter in the post giving them a further 7 days.

I have printed a SAR non-compliance LBA but there is a parcel, needing a signature, waiting for me at the post office.

It might be from Littlewoods, it might be from Barclays.

So, I will take the LBA with me and mail it, if the parcel is not from Littlewoods, tomorrow.

Here's hoping a big bundle of state's has come from Littlewoods....

....and not a Court Bundle from Barclays;)

Well, it wasn't from Littlewoods - so the Data Protection Act LBA has gone in the RM va RD.

Is that enough acronyms?

Took me a minute...but i got there in the end ;)

Don't sign rec. / spec. del. quite properly, 'cause the 'other side' can view the sig online, just like we do when checking delivery of our letters!!

You know what Hopeful1, I thought just that this morning. So I just scribbled on the form.

Mind you, the scribble and my usual writing bear a close resemblance to each other :D

You know what Hopeful1, I thought just that this morning. So I just scribbled on the form.

Mind you, the scribble and my usual writing bear a close resemblance to each other :D

Geez, how paranoid are we :o :p

An interesting bit of info in the SAR data.

After they received my CCA request and they couldn't find an agreement, they set my credit limit to zero.

I suppose it's quite a sensible move from them.

An interesting bit of info in the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) data.

After they received my CCA request and they couldn't find an agreement, they set my credit limit to zero.

I find it impossible to use sensible and Littlewoods in the same sentance. (Well except this one)

Jogs

An interesting bit of info in the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) data.

yes they did exactly the same here, when we requested cca too, although they are adding on £12 "administration fee , whatever that is ?

Hey Alpha,

They'd be fools NOT to. It's conceivable that someone could find out there's no Agreement, go on a spree and then try and dump the debt.

Skeggy,

they are adding on £12 "administration fee , whatever that is ?
Haven't a clue buit I'd reclaim it anyway. ;)

No agreement held...mmm...rings bells when I asked for one off them.

I got sent a blank copy of one stating thats is what it would have looked like!!

I wrote back stating not good enough. They wrote a letter stating I was making payments to the account so I had acknowledged the debt. I wrote back stating still not good enough... they replied "with great reluctance they had agreed to write off the debt (£600)".

Catalogue companies rarely have signed agreements. You got an agreement along with your first order (after you had the goods..DOH!!!)which you were meant to sign and return, which surprisingly was never chased up by the company hence no agreement.

Debt Managers (Barclaycard) £7150 - CCA sent - poor photcopy of app form - they rtnd acct to BC. Then Robinson Way come on scene - sent packing straight away. Will they try a third attempt????? :) Yes they did, roll on Westcot, told them were to stuff it. Not heard anything since but Lowell Financial have been searching my credit file. Round 4, ding a ling ling!!:D Now Crapquest on the scene - bought the debt and want the balance... don't think so 8)

Equidebt (Co-Operative Visa) £6800 - CCA sent in June - no response still!! Was Ex-Northern Rock card so probably lost. Equidebt have now agreed to write off and remove credit ref listing completely!!! :lol:

Robinson Way (Abbey) - debt sold to RW £1840 - await letter from them....cant CCA as bank account.... agreed to settle for £368 :-D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks