Alphageek Vs Littlewoods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

miss read the post

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Rejection and counter offer letter sent.

The counter offer I made gave them 14 days to accept.

I was offering a quite generous 10+% discount.

Never heard a peep. Now we have a hearing date, would it be sensible to put a further offer of settlement to them in order to avoid having to pay the hearing fee (it's only £25)

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Hi Alpha,

I trust the 10% discount you generously offered was made "without prejudice".

I don't see why you should make any further move to negotiate.

You can show the court you've made an attempt to settle and I think you can leave the ball in their court now. :cool:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

The offer was not made without prejudice precisely so I could show to the Court I had made an attempt to settle.

But, yes you're right about the ball being in their court now. I guess me having to ask the question in the first place means I had my doubts.

Thank you for reminding me not to be nice to them. After all, they're not being nice to me are they?

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

HI Alphageek,

I took Littlewoods on over a £75 bill that was not mine ...thye could not supply the Court with a coy of any credit agreement ( JUdge Had Ordered them to ) they therefore had no signed authority to supply the CRA's and I was awarded £1100 in costs & compensation for the unlawfull supply of data the CRA's as you know from my "other" thread that my name is Gxxxx and I live at 2xx Sxxxxxx Lxxxxx in EXXXXX PXXX ...there is also a Gxxxx ( no relation to me living at 2xx(XXXXXX XX Exxxxx Pxxxxx( (same no different address ).

the award was made through not having a signed CCA on either address.

Judge tore Littlewoods to shreds

Received a date for the hearing. Middle of September.

I have had time to sit and catch up on this claim, so a little update for anyone watching.

The hearing scheduled for the middle of September is actually a DIRECTIONS HEARING and not the final hearing.

When I submitted the AQ, I sent a draft order for directions so the hearing is to order (or not) the suggested directions.

Here are the directions I suggested, based upon the CAG directions.

In the xCounty Court

Claim number x

Between

Alphageek - Claimant

and

SHOP DIRECT FINANCE COMPANY LTD - Defendant

Draft Order for Directions

1. The Claimant shall within 14 days of service of this order send to the Defendant and to the Court:

·a) A schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is sought, showing the date, amount, and reason given (if any) for that charge being made;

·b) Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made;

·c) A statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise;

·d) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon.

If the Claimant fails to comply with this order, the claim will be struck out without further order.

2. The Defendant shall within 14 days thereafter file and serve a response to the Claimant's schedule, stating in respect of each item claimed;

·a) Pursuant to what contractual provision such charge was made, producing a copy of the contractual document relied upon;

·b) Whether such charge is accepted to be a penalty, and if not why not;

·c) If such charge is alleged to be a pre-estimate of the Defendant's loss incurred by the Claimant's actions (whether or not such action is treated as a breach of contract between the parties), all facts and matters intended to be relied upon as showing that such was a proper estimate of such loss, and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to what the true cost of dealing with the matter was;

·d) If such charge is not alleged to be a pre-estimate of the Defendant's loss incurred by the Claimant's actions then facts and matters intended to be relied upon showing the basis upon which the charge was calculated and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to show that the charge was fair and reasonable.

·e) Any witness statements.

·f) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon.

If the Defendant fails to comply with this order, the Defence will be struck out without further order.

In the xCounty Court

Claim number x

Between

Alphageek Claimant

and

SHOP DIRECT FINANCECOMPANY LTD Defendant

Draft Order for Directions

If the Judge orders the directions, then it's more or less game over as they cannot comply with 2a as they have already admitted they don't hold a signed contract for the account.

Hi Alpha,

Let's hope the judge agrees to use your Draft D's.

:cool:

• Haha 1

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick,

I think that the fact the DDJ has called for a directions hearing must be good news?

What's the point otherwise?

In fact, what is the point now I think about it: I asked for the above directions, Littlewoods probably didn't ask for any so either the DDJ agrees that the above directions are sensible or he doesn't and he'd make his own directions!

The only thing I can think of is that Littlewoods put their own idea of directions forward and the DDJ needs to hear both sides to make his mind up!

LITTLEWOODS DRAFT ORDER FOR DIRECTIONS

• It's our money and we're keeping it!
  • The defendant petitions the honourable Court to make the nasty CAGger go away or we'll cry!

Isn't Civil Law confusing? :)

I like your suggestion for their Draft Directions. :lol: :lol:

:cool:

• 7 years later...

threads from 2008!!

why comment at all.

now closed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks