tesco insurance/ moorecroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all any advice please i owe tesco £33.80 for house insurance i was willing to pay reduced payments i wrote to them no reply they have instucted moorcroft to collect the debt, does it cover cca :x thanks

I would normally advise you speak to our debt recovery department to try and sort this out but if we've already sent the debt to moorcroft then its probably too late to do anything. Have you tried contacting moorcroft to set up a payment arrangement with them?

DA

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)

You can always refuse to deal with Moorcrap, and pay directly to TESCO, I am more than sure that if you continued to pay what ever you could afford to Tesco, they'd happily bank the money, and once the balance is cleared thats the end of it.

This will totally p... off Moorcroft, and any other DCA if you by pass them. =)

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but either way its worth a shot.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

I've got a feeling that once we've passed the debt on to moorcroft then there isn't anything our debt recovery dept will do other than advise you to settle the debt with moorcroft.

The issue is, for it to have got to this stage then we would have sent out a fair few letters to the customer advising them of the debt and giving them ample opportunity to settle it with us.

By all means call the number on the letter we've sent you for our debt recovery dept (unfortunately i don't have it to hand but I'll post it here tomorrow for you, all i can say is that they're only open from 9-5 Monday to Friday) but i still think your best bet is to just clear what you owe with moorcroft.

DA

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)

NEVER DISCUSS SETTLING A DEBT ON THE PHONE, ALWAYS PLACE IT IN WRITING.

That way you have a written record, and copies should it be needed.

Thanks

- Hobbie

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

With respect, we're talking about £34 owed probably as the result of a missed payment or cancellation charge, we're not talking about defaulting on a loan or mortgage or something serious.

Something this simple can be sorted out in one phone call rather than mess around sending in letters, requesting copies of documents etc etc.

Once the payment is made over the phone, we'll send out a letter for your records confirming the balance is cleared.

Besides, by the time you've paid to send off letters recorded delivery, it'll probably cost you almost as much as the debt anyway.

DA

Darkangelsdelite,

With all respect to yourself, I've never mentioned anything about requesting documents etc etc. Instead I have merely gave advice, like what the OP requested.

£33,80 may not be alot of money to me or you, but to the OP it could be a weeks benefit, we don't know the full circumstances, and until the OP wishes to disclose that information, we'll never know the reasons.

Instead of phoning them, and speaking to some monkey in a collections department, running from a script, placing the offer of payment in writing, or sending a cheque/Postal Order for the amount is easier than having to listen to all sort of threats that collection departments come up with, since an employee in an internal collections department is no different to that of an external debt collections company, (I prefer not to call them an agency as it implies authorisation to act for other, and in some cases this isn't always the case.)

marjie06

You do what you feel best, but the advice of many others on these forums is never to phone and dicuss a debt, always do it in writing.

Thanks

- Hobbie