style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Auto direct informed me by text message on 17th April that they had cancelled my policy! phoned them on 20th March to inform i was changing banks and would set up new dd. Paid march by debit card and agreed that if dd not set up in time for april i would again pay by card. also requested they change payment date from 14th of month to 22nd of month.

I phoned and asked why they cancelled policy.."you didnt reply to 3 letter which we sent" one was sent on 18th march prior to my payment........dd mandate was second which did not arrive,,,,,,,, 3rd was letter demanding i got in touch within 7 daYS which i received on 14th april!!!!

I was told they wanted payment of £98.98 which included cancellation fees,,,,,,i was also initially told i had not paid installment for march but when i challenged this they magically found the payment.

"pay the £98.98 and we will set up a new policy" are they joking????

I refused because i believ they wrongly canelled my policy. I spoke to a supervisor who was no help and she became quite stroppy.

she threatened me with debt collectors if i did not pay up. I expressed my intention to put in a formal complaint.

2 weeks later i received a text demanding i phone them,,,,,,,,,they have not attempted to phone me!!! They again demanded the £98.98 and i was again told i had not paid march!!! I again asked to speak to a supervisor who said they would reduce it to £49.98 if i paid now and then they would arrange a new policy!!! He really thought i had no insurance for 2 weeks!!!!! He sounded suprised when i said i am insured through a different company! So he then accused me of not being interested in their attempt to resolve the matter!!!

I have now received a demanding letter for £98.98. absolutely unbelievable!!!

:???:

make the most of today because tomorrow you can't go back ;)

Batty_uk

I had exactly the same problem 4 years ago and because of it dragging on so long almost lost out on 12 years NCB.

What worked for me in the end was a letter to the senior director explaining what had happened.

I believe the only way you get any action is to go as high as you can in the respective company.

Below is the link to Companies House…

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/e69b07642870e3b8ff6c677a5d94e68f/wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

You can search the company name and acquire info such as the director, place of registration, etc.

Hope this has been helpful.

Good luck

P.S. If this is helpful can you give the scales a click. Thanks

• Haha 1

Started claim with Halifax on 30/04/08

Sent 1st letter for bank charges and interest

If this has been helpful then please give the Scales a click. Thanks

Call them up, make a formal verbal complaint which they are obliged to log.

If they cannot resolve it on the phone, ask for it to be escalated to their customer relations dept (again, they have to oblige) and also follow this up with a letter to them.

If they STILL cant resolve the complaint then take it straight to the FOS (Financial ombudsman service) and they will definitely get it resolved for you.

Hope this helps

DA

• Haha 1

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)

Thanks to both writers of previous 2 posts, the information in both were very helpful.

I have sent a letter tothe company director and he has acknowledges receipt of my letter so now we wait :)

make the most of today because tomorrow you can't go back ;)

Batty_uk