Tesco Home Insurance - Sent To Moorcroft Debt Place For Their Mistake

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From November 06 to October 07 I had a home insurance policy with Tesco. It cost just over £33 per month. I paid 12 payments then cancelled the policy as Legal and General offered a cheaper one. When I cancelled it, Tesco sent back one payment (for some reason I have no idea, as we didn't make a claim). The next thing I know, we have a letter from Moorcroft Debt place saying we owe £33. Phoned them up and told them, we paid 12 payments and they refunded one so we want an explaination as to why the refund was made. Moorcroft said they would ask Tesco why they refunded the amount. Heard nothing.

Got in from work today and now I am being threatened with court action and told I will have to pay another £128 on top of what I owe. It also says 'if you ignore this letter we will assume you are purposely ignoring the debt.' Funny as they have ignored all the phone calls we have made, and Tesco have refused to acknowledge why they have refunded the last payment.

I am fuming.

Every little helps?????? My Arse.

They are completely unhelpful and are only concerned with taking your money, making mistakes and making the customer pay for their mistakes.

Abbey - £539 pending - !!!WON!!!

Halifax - £676 pending - stayed at court

2nd Claim with Halifax - £168 pending

Lloyds TSB - £780 (sisters) !!!WON!!! - Filed waste of costs order (on hold)

Barclays - Barclays filed crap defense - on hold

AND THE BANKS ARE STILL CHARGING!!!!!!!

How very dare you!!

Hi Lea2001gb,

As I understand it you need to ask Moorcroft for a copy of your Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79) A CCA.

There is a letter in the template library you can use :-

Always start your letters with :-

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-162367.html

Never sign your letters, always print your name

There is a lot more useful information on dealing with DCA's here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/

Hope this helps

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I paid the last payment then cancelled before the renewal.

Had nothing but hassle with Tesco so went elsewhere

Abbey - £539 pending - !!!WON!!!

Halifax - £676 pending - stayed at court

2nd Claim with Halifax - £168 pending

Lloyds TSB - £780 (sisters) !!!WON!!! - Filed waste of costs order (on hold)

Barclays - Barclays filed crap defense - on hold

AND THE BANKS ARE STILL CHARGING!!!!!!!

How very dare you!!

I paid the last payment then cancelled before the renewal.

Had nothing but hassle with Tesco so went elsewhere

If you cancelled before the renewal date, there shouldn't be any outstanding charges.

It sounds like they gave you a refund of £33 by mistake, which they now want back, but I don't understand what the other £128 is for. Did the letter give any indication what it's for? Could it be the debt collector's own fee?

First thing to do is call our payments dept. They will be able to explain what the outstanding balance is for. By the sounds of things, there was a problem with you last direct debit payment which would mean the money is probably due.

The only thing i would point out is that we do send out several "chase" letters for any outstanding premiums and we have an internal debt recovery dept who would have tried to contact you before this went to moorecroft so i'm not sure how its managed to even get to this stage without you realising.

Let us know how you get on.

DA

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)