Contents claim against Allianz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Its my first post on here and I'm in need of some advise before Allianz totally stich me up!

I entered a claim for accidental paint damage in my front room. basically I set up for painting and whilst I went out of the room to get some dust sheets, one of my children knocked over some paint and it went everywhere ( and I mean everywhere ).

Any way I reported the claim the following day and they took a statement over the phone and said a loss adjuster would be in touch, that in itself took 6 weeks.

He turned up gave me some spiell about how many people found him intimidating and how he would ask some probing questions, that I may not like. He grilled me for 1 1/2 hrs, often asking the same question a number of times in differnent ways, obviously trying to catch me out.

2 weeks later I contact Allianz insurance to push the claim along, and thay tell me that I will recieve a letter shortly. The following day I do. The loss adjuster wants to involve a forensic scientist to 'reenact the situation' to see if the accident could in fact of happened.

Upon this I phoned allianz again and they tell me there are a number of indiscrepancies in my statements, and they feel that the alarm bells are ringing!

So I explain that the length of time between the 2 statements is the problem and that if I thought that there was a need to repeat my statement I would have written it down for future reference.

Allianz have told me I must leave the damaged furniture in situ until the forensic guys have been, but I find this ridiculus and intimidating, and I want to remove the items and put them in the garage and get on with the repairs. but they say by doing this I may invalidate my claim.

I mean how far do I have to go in helping them, I explained to them that the room has been available for 9 weeks for investigation, and they have been to inspect it once.

Do I have to let them in my home again?

will not doing so invalidate my claim?

can i remove the damaged items? ( I have 2 v young children )

I am totally shell shocked and discusted by the actions of Allianz insurance and feel like I am on trial for murder, not a paint damage claim.

Any help would be muchly appriciated.

Thanks

I would ask for a full explanation. Unfortunately people do make false claims, and it is right that insurers should investigate. However, to do so they must have good reason. It cannot be a fishing expidition so they should not be looking for reasons why they shouldn't pay out unless they have found evidence to suggest that all is not well.

Why are they suspicious? Do they think its old damage? Done deliberately? It may be cleared up by more questioning. They could be asking why the paint went everywhere from the description you have given. I would expect a large pool and a few splashes in the surrounding area (not that I'm an expert). if it's more than that, they may suspect taht the pain has been thrown on purpose.

If you are innocent (i am not suggesting otherwise!) then do co-operate with them on the basis that they speed things up because you want to move on.