Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder phoebepants Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Feb 2008

Default Brighthouse payment Q

Hi

My brother has a few items from brighthouse and has missed a couple of payments. He had enough cash yesterday to pay but because the money was not in the bank (he had cash)nhe couldn't pay so asked my mum to pay on her debit card and gave her the cash.

I was a bit dubiuos about this as was worried if he doesn't meet the payments again would my mum's debit card be used for future payments?

Does anyone know if they keep payment details on file?

Many Thanks
    Shell

Similar Threads:

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    the West Midlands
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Brighthouse payment Q

Hi Shell.

Good question. And to be completely truthful, I'm not sure...

I would have thought that a company cannot debit someone's card without their express permission unless that person is the customer under contract (agreement) with the company... (I'm sure someone else will know a definite answer)...

What I would be concerned about, though, is if your mom is named as a "reference" on your brother's account, she may well be the first person Brighthouse call whenever a payment is missed, and expect the same solution time and time again...

Cheers
    Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Feb 2008

My dad and my fianceicon are references for this, we were told by him and brighthouse that thier details were just for a character reference as such. Is this the case or are they garentors (sp) and would be liable for payments?

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    Hertfordshire

it all depends on the contract that they signed (if they signed) and what the details say.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled
    Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled
    Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Feb 2008

oh ok, My brother is a bit dodgy sometimes in that he'll tell you anything to get you to do what he wants. I wonder if there is anyway of finding out? Just dont want to be stuck with a bill for his telly and playstation when we have our own family to provide for.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    the West Midlands
    Blog Entries

Shell,

Don't panic. References to a BrightHouse customer's account have ABSOLUTELY no liabilty regarding payments on the account.

The only information BrightHouse hold on them is their name, address and telephone number. (They would only have confirmed that they KNOW of (and confirmed the address of) the person they were acting a reference for.

They are in no way acting as a guarantor.

Cheers
    Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Feb 2008

Phew thanks lefty!

Cheers
    Shell

Basic Account Holder alfietuppa Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2010

i missed a payment last week and they want two week 2 morrow but only got one week wil they except it

Basic Account Holder Shermanator Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    Liverpool

From What I can gather from reading other stories on here no they wont accept it but its worth a shot

Basic Account Holder craigbird Novitiate craigbird's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010

Hi,

They will give you the bull that they wont take part payment just so they can then go and add another late payment on top, this happened to me last year 25p short and they stood there ground on it and stung me.

Can try but be prepared, all the best

Craig

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE