Some advice from RBS experts, please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year I successfully won my battle against Barclays and had all my claim returned.

I changed banks to RBS and started afresh. It hasn't gone too badly but after just over a year i still can't quite get my head around the way they deal with their banking days as in when payments go in and out (at the end of the banking day not the start as Barclays did).

Anyway, to the point. I have had one or two charges because of the way they carry out their payment system but would love some advice on one I feel very strongly about.

Just before Christmas last year a DD went out which took us over our overdraft. I paid money in on the day but because I neglected to tell them that I had paid money in to cover the DD, they returned it and charged me £38.00. Unwillingly, I accepted the charge feeling I was to blame but the charge incurred was more than the original DD they returned so it took our account still over the overdraft by a couple £'s.

The next morning wages went in to the account and then in January I found we had been charged a further £28 for going over the overdraft.

I contacted my local branch and tried to explain the situation to them but they said I would have to write to head office. I did this and explained that they had basically charged me twice for the same thing and that I felt it was unreasonable (Barclays never did that!). I had not heard anything at all back from head office and when I asked in my local branch the other day they said that RBS were not dealing with any claims whilst the appeal was going through.

I explained that mine was more of a problem with the 2 charges for the same thing but they said it did not matter anything to do with bank charges was not being looked at at the moment. I haven't even received a polite letter back explaining this.

Can anyone out there tell me if they are right to charge me for returning a DD which then takes me a couple of £ over my overdraft overnight and then charge me another £28 for that? It was them that did it in the first place. It means I have been charged £66 for a £30 DD not going out. I would accept one charge but two?

Any advice appreciated.

They still have to look at your complaint - it's only the legal process which has been stayed.

Your complaint is about the process and being charged twice so I would write to head office, instigating their complaints procedure.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.