lost camcorder and no receipt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello,

I left my camcorder in the accommodation and I never got it back. Problem is that I don't have a receipt for it as I bought is a few years ago. I have a travel insurance claim form however they ask for a receipt or proof of ownership, is there anyway I can claim without a receipt?

Many Thanks, Sunita

Cap One refunded £112

MBNA refunded £567

It doesn't have to be a receipt, if you have proof of purchase (bank or credit card statement, for example), or even if you had registered the camcorder for warranty purpose so that the company would have a record of that, then it would be proof of ownership.

If you have nothing to show that you ever owned such an item, you'll be stuck, I'm afraid. :-(

Hiya I stupidly left my wedding and engagement rings on a baby changer in the states and had to claim my engagement ring was made by an uncle who was sadly no longer with us, the insurance company accepted a photo of me wearing the rings I had a good digital picture that I could zoom in on as well they paid for replacements.

Maybe you have been caught on camera using your camera by someone or caught the camcorder on the side or something in a photo? :|

Hope this helps long shot I know.

:(:confused:Confused, sad,bewildered,befuddled,bemused,disorientated,lonley until I came here, moving forward to :smile::lol: ,trying not to let them drag me down.:cool:

thanks everyone. I think I have some photos of me using my camcorder, and we also still have the box somewhere. I'll give that a go.

Used cash to pay for it, so can't go down the statement route.

will keep you posted.

Cap One refunded £112

MBNA refunded £567