Help with insurance. local broker.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 20th March, we took insurance out online with Local Broker. The policy was due to start on the 25th March.

On the 23rd March, our car boke down so we had to buy a new one.

We did a quote online for the new car and another company was a lot cheaper so I called customer services but it was closed so I got through to customer services and informed them that I wanted to cancel the policy as we would not need it - remember cover had not yet started.

The sales chap was very rude and said we would need to put it in writing. As it was a bank holiday weekend I know it would not get there in time so I sent an email to both conact email adresses on the website.

I called again on 25th - the first opportunity after the bank holiday, and was told again to put it in wriitng.

So I have sent a letter as well.

SO..... Should I get my deposit back in full or are they entitled to charge me for time on cover, even though I cancelled the policy before cover started? I told them verballly and sent 2 emails.

Surely, as it was bought on the net, there is a 14 day colling off period?

cheers

Dan

Provided that you instructed cancellation prior to inception of the policy and assuming that you had not received the certificate of insurance then you should not be charged.

An e-mail giving instruction is fully acceptable.

All the guy was bothered about was commission I bet.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Thanks for that everyone, yes it was before the inception, I have kept a record of all correspondence so I can prove everything if I have to. Hopefully it will all be resolved quickly.

cheers!