Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder ancient spirit Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Sep 2007

Default Bank Reference

My wife and i have to move into a another home after returning from abroad. The landlord has asked for a bank reference and i am concerned what this is as i do not like my personal information being delved into. What is involved in a bank reference.

Similar Threads:

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed's Avatar

Cagger since
    Oct 2006

Default Re: Bank Reference

Does he basically mean a credit check?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder ancient spirit Novitiate

Cagger since
    Sep 2007

no a bank reference

Site Team maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Edinburgh

Hi, found this........

The bank reference is the worst reference. Not only do they charge a fee of around 10 - 15.00 per status enquiry, they take an age to deliver them. Our method was to get the tenant to sign a standard letter, enclose a credit card number or tick a box saying that the fee could be taken from their account, saving you having to pay and send the original to the bank. As I said we will enclose the letters at the end of this document. Bank references can be bit confusing when you get the reply. For example if the bank returns a reply stating the person in question is good for the amount of . Per month - no problem. If the bank says they should be good for the amount, not a bad reference really. Should the bank say they are surprised to see the person in question having this amount of money taken from their account watch out. However, if they say they are surprised but as long as it is replacing current commitments then this could be fine as long as the person in question does just that. i.e. replaces one monthly rent with yours! Read the reply carefully. Remember banks will never be derogatory about the person they are replying about after all it is their customer, but a lot can be read into them.

Think it's from a Landlords site, not sure if it helps or not.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.
    If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.
    Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE