EX - Lloyds TSB Optional Protection Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I am writing this on behalf of my soon to be EX....he doesn't know this yet so be quiet!!!!

Basically, the story is that he took out a Loan in May 2002 for £15000 over 5 years which included Optional Protection Insurance which he took. He lost his job with about 3 or 4 months left on the Loan (I think he had missed several months payments as well and so was in arrears). When he approached Lloyds and told them that he had been made redudant, they just did not want to know and instead offered him a refinancing package for another 5 years (I have just found out that he also had a Credit

Card with them that he was advised to put on this new Loan along with what was left of the old Loan. In short the breakdown for both Loans is as follows:

Original Loan: £15000 taken out in May 2002

Optional Loan Protection:£3318.37

Total Loan: £18318.37

Monthly repayment for Loan: £328.69

Monthly repayment for OPI:£72.71

APR 11.9%

Refinanced Loan:£14034.38 taken out 11the March 2005

OPI for Ref. Loan £3763.76

Interest on 2nd Loan £2011 - first Loan did not have this

Total cost of insurance £5774.76

Total Loan £17798.14

Monthly repayment for Loan £358.88

Monthly repayment for OPI £96.25

APR 19.9%

I am just beginning to scrape the surface of his debts (see there is a reason for my wanting to leave) and even with all his financial woes, I am still only getting the financial stories in 'dribs and drabs'. I know that he may not have a case for mis-sselling as his signature is on the 2nd Credit Agreement (not the first), but he had a pre-existing medical condition and he thinks that he was still off work (during his redundancy) when he took out the 2nd refinanced Loan.

I have succesfully recoved my own mis-sold PPI from Firstplus, but they accepted at the first request that I made and so I am a bit stumped as to where to begin with this.

I am really a nice person, as I am trying to let him down gently byh helping him out of his financial woes before i leave him!!!!!!