Moorcroft have sent me a letter about a debt with british gas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the moment it all bluff and bluster. This type of letter is colloquially called a threat-o-gram.

You have two courses of action -

1. Just ignore it

2. Write back and say you have to have proof of the alleged debt before you will correspond with them further. Otherwise they should write to you advising the matter is closed.

If you need help with the letter there are various examples in other threads which you can find easily enough. Someone might even be able to post one here.

They can of course take you to court but to have the slightest chance of success they must be able to prove the alleged debt. I think court action is some way off yet and we can deal with that if and when it happens.

One small though : did you change suppliers at some point? This takes 28 days to be actioned (whoever the supplier is). Maybe it is this period that they are billing for? Bear in mind that when you take over a property (lease or purchase) the existing supplier is deemed to be still in place. You can only give notice when take over the property so even if you want to move to another supplier you still have to go with the existing supplier for the 28 day period following your giving notice. BTDT

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

thankyou. I have wrote yet another letter to them, which they will prbably ignore again. I will contact BG. does anyone have an address for them?

I did change suppliers but it didnt involve British Gas, i didnt even get a bill from the time they are saying i had them supplying, i got one a year later.

I really cant be doing with the stress of court if it happens, so hopefully i can sort this out with letters

First of all stop worrying about any court action. If (and that's a big if) it ever happens (a) it is not nearly as intimidating as you might imagine, and (b) there are many helpful people on here who can help you out.

BG's address (from their website) is

BRITISH GAS

PO BOX 3055

EASTBOURNE

BN21 9FE

Secondly, put your query in writing and state the bit about possibly wrong meters. BG are pretty grudging about investigations but do eventually do them. Make sure you keep every document and keep a log (date, time, person's name) of all phone calls including a summary of the conversation.

This might take a bit of to-ing and fro-ing but you should get there in the end. Be prepared : they might even be able to justify their bill.

Thirdly, you state that they didn't supply your gas. Who did?

[Actually they don't physically supply your gas - somebody like Transco does. BG just bills you for it].

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

thanks for the advice, much appreciated. southern electric supplied my bills but i throw them out every 6month. ive sent the letter recorded today, if they keep harrasing me i will send one to british gas, hopefiully the letter i sent will do the trick, i'll keep this updated

thans again everyone

• 6 months later...

Hi all

Im having problems with british gas. to cut a long story short, i received a bill last year claiming i owed money from march to june 2006. i did not have BG as my supplier and had not recieved a bill during this time yet 2 years later they send me a bill!!. I rang them, got the run around and then told someone would look into it and get back to me. 3 month later i got a letter from a DCA, i explained the above and heard nothing. 3 DCA have now tried to get me to pay the non existat debt. It is now with robinson way, i explained again and i said if i did agree for BG to supply me then they would have a signed agreement by me. The reply came today, (a shabby photocopied letter) saying there is no signed agreement for utilities as per the utilities at 2000. That is all it says, no Dear ...... etc. just that aout the agreement.

Wht can i do now, i know i was never with BG as i had major problems with them about 12 year ago (they sent me a 3k bill for 6 months in a 1 bedroom flat) and i vowed i would never use them again, so i know i would never if signed up with them, let alone for only 3 months.

where do i stand and what will happen if i just ignore them, this has been going on for over a year!

thanks

also iwould write back to the companies and bg and state it is illegal to demand money by menace and without proof any further contact from you will result in legal action

regards dk

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

hi, thanks

I dont have any bills, i only keep things for 6 months then shred them, they didnt contact me till a year after they claim they supplied me so i never keep things that long.

Ive wrote to them both so many times but they still keep sending letters, it just seems BG pass it from one DCA to another

Write to British gas using their complaints procedure setting out the problem in full. Ignore the DCA entirely as British gas should never have involved them while the account (which you claim does not exist) is in dispute etc - see the OFT guidelines about debt collectors. You will find these in the stickies under the debt collection board.

From now on get everything in writing and do not phone them. Keep all documents and letters carefully.

British gas are a mess. Look at British Gas to sue Accenture over customer service hell | This is Money

• 8 months later...

Dear Forum

Hi, have just found this site as a result of a letter I received and I hope that someone may be able to advise me.

Sometime last year, I received a letter addressed to 'The Occupier', which in retrospect came from PDCS asking me to contact them. Like most things addressed as such, it was binned. Today however, I have received another from them, this time addressed in my name, asking me to ring them about an important matter.

Needless to say I have not, nor do I have any intention of doing so. Hence my online search for information about them and my discovery of this forum.

My question is: Is it advisable to just ignore such a vague letter (it did contain a 'case number', but no details at all)? To my knowledge, I have no debts outstanding - apart from a mortgage.

Thank you in anticipation of a reply.

FISHBUS

Hi there

I posted the following on another thread that I now cannot find. Would it be because the previous posts were made a year ago?

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me posting it again here - be gentle, I'm a newbie. :)

Dear Forum

Hi, have just found this site as a result of a letter I received and I hope that someone may be able to advise me.

Sometime last year, I received a letter addressed to 'The Occupier', which in retrospect came from PDCS asking me to contact them. Like most things addressed as such, it was binned. Today however, I have received another from them, this time addressed in my name, asking me to ring them about an important matter.

Needless to say I have not, nor do I have any intention of doing so. Hence my online search for information about them and my discovery of this forum.

My question is: Is it advisable to just ignore such a vague letter (it did contain a 'case number', but no details at all)? To my knowledge, I have no debts outstanding - apart from a mortgage.

Thank you in anticipation of a reply.

FISHBUS

You have only made two posts, the other post, earlier today in the debt forum. You mentioned a post made 12 months ago, could this have been made under a different username?

Your post in the Debt Forum is here.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/134807-help-past-due-credit.html#post2518294

The most likely identity of PDCS is....

Company Name:PDCS LIMITED

Company Type:

Limited Company

Company No:

Company Address:

PDCS LIMITED

C/O McKellens 11 Riverview

The Embankment Business Park

Vale Road

STOCKPORT

SK4 3GN

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Not known at Companies House.

A check with Creditgate.com gives the following info.....

Available Reports Details

Company Name:

PDCS LIMITED

Company No: 04500018

Registered Office:Incorporated: 31/07/2002C/O MCKELLENS, 11 RIVERVIEW

THE EMBANKMENT BUSINESS PARK

VALE ROAD, HEATON MERSEY,

STOCKPORT, CHESHIRE

SK4 3GN

Company Type: Private Limited

Legal Status: Company Dissolved

Report Status: Full DissolvedAccounts Type: UnknownLatest Accounts to: 31/07/2005Latest Return to: 31/07/2006

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi there

Ah, I think I didn't explain myself very well. The previous posts I mentioned were made by other members approx. a year ago, and I was wondering if I had added my post to a defunct thread. Thanks for pointing out that it still exists and my apologies for any confusion.

FISHBUS

Two threads merged.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....