Moorcroft have sent me a letter about a debt with british gas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Roppa

A subject access request is what you would send to a creditor in order to obtain the information they hold on you (usually you would get back from this a complete set of statements).

Once they fulfil your subject access request (they are allowed up to 40 days to provide you with this information), you are then in a position to see what charges have been levied on your account.

Then you can start the ball rolling with regards to reclaiming the charges.

You need to spend as much time reading around the site and you'll soon get the hang of the jargon.

This is a really friendly forum and we're all here to help each other.

Good luck ........ remember if you've any further questions to post a message and someone will get back to you.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

many thanks for that!!

Moorcroft have sent me a letter about a debt with british gas, s

upposedly they supplied my gas for 2 months last year.

i did get a bill from them and when i rang they said it was possibly an error and just to ignore it.

They then kept sending bills, so

i rang and said if i did agree for you to supply my gas then you will havbe a signed agreement,

they didnt send it,

instead they passed it to moorcroft,

who are saying they can make a claim on my property or get an attachement of earnings.

Should i send them the SAR??

thanks again

no

send them a CCA request

i think you are on to a winner here.

if gritish bas did not get you to sign anything

the moorcroft are just chancing their arm you'll cough.

send them a CCA and i bet you wont here another thing.!

oh and NO they cannot do things like charging orders or attachment to earnings.

they are a DCA. they have no legal powers.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks yet again!!!

sorry to be a pain but what is a cca and how do i word it? also do i have to pay for a cca

Sorry to ask, its just im at work and havent had chance to look about on here

Rop - sorry I have been useless today in helping you - after my big meeting I just decided not to do anything. I have promised my husband that today is the last day I do anything until September, you are in good hands - hope you get you OH's stuff sorted. Did you hear from the OR?

SFx

Hi Roppa.

Here's the link you need for the CCA letter - it's letter N.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Enclose a 1.00 postal order and send it recorded delivery or special delivery. Keep all receipts so that you have proof of postage.

Don't talk to Moorcroft on the 'phone, only deal with them in writing.

Keep your thread updated, there's lots of people to help if you need it :rolleyes:

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

excellent, thanks so much for your help.

saffronflowers: He has decided to write to the council as he thinks his ex should be paying it. Will try and keep other thread updated about it

thanks, everyone has been so nice and helpful

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

I sent moorcroft a CCA as they were chasing me for a british gas debt which as far as i am aware, i havent had BG supply me, however BG did admit is could of been a mistake on thier behalf.

the 12+2 days is up tomrrow, what do i do now?

Any help grateful

I didn't realise British Gas supplies were regulated by a CCA ? I am being chased by BCW for a Gas bill I do not owe, all I did was sent them a letter asking them to prove the debt. They then passed the back to BG who then sent Wescott after me. Wescott have now had the prove it letter, so I will wait and see who gets it next ;)

Regards

Bigandy

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

someone on here told me to send them a cca (i think thats what it was, i havent got papers with me) but they need to prove that i signed agreeing for them to supply me, british gas didnt send me anything when i asked, and now they have passed it to moorcroft

Hi

I'm almost certain that utility debts are not covered by the consumer credit act. If you sent a request and it's not covered by the act they will ignore it.

That being said you would have signed a contract with BG so you could ask for that but not under the cca.

Even if it went to court they would still have to prove the debt exists anyway.

• 7 months later...

Hi All,

Im Looking For Some Advice, Ive Had A Letter From Past Due Credit Solutions.

Cut A Long Story Short I Was With A Electricity / Gas Supplier A Few Years Ago, When I Changed Over To Them, They Installed A New Meter For Elec. However They Didnt Take The Old Meter Number Off My Account So For 3 Years I Was Paying For 2 Meters!!!! With Stupid Amounts Being Charged On My Bills. For 3 Years I Rang, Emailed, Wrote Letters. I Eventually Got It Sorted Out Only For Them To Tell Me I Still Owed Money (i Paid Monthly) I Said It Is Impossible I Owe You Anything, Yet They Still Insisted I Did. I Asked For The Bills To Prove This Which I Didnt Get. I Asked Them In June Last Year For The Bills. I Heard Nothing Until Now When A Letter Came From Dca. I Have Explained The Situation To Them But They Keep Phoning Every Day.

Any Help Please??

Firstly I would SAR the electricity/gas supplier to get them to send you all the proof. They have 40 days to provide this.

I would also write to the DCA to tell them that the account is on dispute with the OC, this should either prompt them to put it on hold or return it to from whence it came

The S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) can be picked up from here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

This is initally the letter for requesting data from banks so will need to be changed slightly for your request.

Remember to send by recorded delivery so you can start the clock ticking as from when they receive the request.

• 3 months later...

Hi All

Im hoping someone can help.

Cut a long story short, Last year i got a bill from British Gas stating i owed them £154 for gas supplied for one month the year before. As far as i am aware they have never supplied my gas. ( i wouldnt use them as i had trouble with them about 15 years ago). I asked them for a signed agreement for them to supply my gas which obviously they didnt have. The bloke said it may of been a mistake with meter numbers being put in incorrectly. He said he would sort it out. About 6 month later i get a letter from a DCA, i explain to them and the pass it back. Now BCW are dealing, they ignore my letters and emails, now theyve sent a letter saying court papers are being prepared and if i dont pay they will make an attachment of earings (which i know they cant do, and also they dont know who i work for) and also they will seize assets. I know they cant do that but can they take it to court? Im getting really annoyed as they have ignored the 2 letters i have sent to them and they keep saying i am ignoring them. How do i get rid of the muppets. I have been told that sending a cca wont do any good as it doesnt cover utility bills

please help

Send BCW a short note telling them to supply proof you owe this debt or get lost. Tell them any more nonsense from them will lead to a complaint being made against them. That won;t stop them but you will at least have warned them.

Send a similar note to BGas telling them you want this matter sorted out once and for all. Ask them for their complaints procedure. BGas are well used to dealing with complaints - so are Ofgen which would be your next port of call.

Bear in mind that BGas are responsible for the actions of their agents but its their choice to use stupid bottom feeders like BCW.