Tesco Clubcard Points

Lostpoints
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if I am the only one in the country who thinks that it is impossible to claim Clubcard points that one believes are owing ?

Obviously you would think that if you contact Tesco Clubcard's 'Customer Services', a resonable dialog would be had, but no, this is not the case.

So I am applealing to anyone who can give me a pointer on how to recover ALL or part even of lost points that appear to have gone astray.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What were the points awarded for initially?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Jonni2bad...

Just the standard clubcard points you obtain from normal Tesco transactions.

Basically, they point blankly refuse to accept that some points have gone missing....

Even if you write to the Managing Director, the email are intercepted by customer services [ OR PASSED ON ]

Because the Management of Tesco's does not deal with the humble surfs.

You'll need to give some more detail - what exactly is missing and why do you think they have 'disappeared'.

As for writing to the MD, you will find with any large organisation that it doesn't actually reach the MD and will get answered by one of their team instead. You can't realistically expect the MD to deal with every item of correspondence addressed to them with an organisation as large as Tesco.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi barracad.

First may I say that your comment "As for writing to the MD, you will find with any large organisation that it doesn't actually reach the MD and will get answered by one of their team instead. You can't realistically expect the MD to deal with every item of correspondence addressed to them with an organisation as large as Tesco" Sounds like Tesco's own words.........

You ask "what exactly is missing?" ... ClubCard Points !!!!

and "why do you think they have disappeared?" Well for every pound you spend, you are supposed to recieve a clubcard point. So if you estimate how much you have spent, say £1000. Then one would expect a 1000 points in ones account at the end of three months.

I think what is meant is something like a specific occasion? Have you ordered something and the points have not been allocated? Is it a special deal that was not honoured? Are they not sending vouchers or refuing them? Simply to say that they are missing does not really provide enough information.

So if you estimate how much you have spent, say £1000. Then one would expect a 1000 points in ones account at the end of three months.
In order to counter Tesco's assertion that you have less points than you think you should, you are going to have to come up with something better than an 'estimate', like receipts

When you purchase anything at Tesco it will show on the bottom of the receipt how many points you have earnt that day along with your running total - do you keep check of this? If so, have you noticed the balance fluctuating? If it keeps increasing then clearly points are not missing.

You do realise that each quarter your points get converted into vouchers, right? So when that happens your balance will drop depending on how many vouchers you have been sent. May sound like a stupid question but you're not really being very clear on what the problem is.

If you give us some more specifics then maybe we can help but if you have only given Tesco the same level of detail as you've given us then quite frankly I'm not surprised they've been unable to help.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

barracad vbmenu_register("postmenu_1420936", true);

You are quite right in what you say, but obviously I cannot go into chapter and verse about my case.

All I was really fishing for was other's who may have experienced Tesco's Bully Boy Attitude. "We say your wrong, and that's it"

One would have thouht with 2bn pounds of profit, a pound here and there to show good customer good will would be a good advertisement to prove their customers are important to them. After all I wonder if it was 'Customer Service' who made the 2bn profit for Tesco's ?

If you read earlier thoughts .... Big Bad Wolf 2 ... The Poor Real Customers 0

HI Lostpoints

I think maybe we might seem at cross purposes on this thread, but in actual fact we all just want to help.

As with any case that we encounter where it seems an injustice may have occurred, we must obtain the facts relating to the problem - in full - so that we can offer reasoned advice to you.

Just saying that they are missing could be one of many reasons, some valid, some not. That is the reason why we seek the full details, as per he thread of barracad above.

If you supply the full facts, maybe we can be of some help, but without them the best we can do is speculate - which doesn't really help you.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

People often do, when discussing a matter, end up at "cross purposes".

And the only person who feels there is an "injustice" is often the sole person, who often is not alone in being effected.

The facts relating to the problem - in full - are of course 'As I see them'

(1) Just saying that the points are missing can only be one reason really,

what I think there should be, and what Tesco's say there is.

(2) It has been said "If you supply the full facts, maybe we can be of some help, but without them the best we can do is speculate". Well the full facts are quite simple (a) you spend money. (b) you are suppose to obtain one point for every pound. © you get a statement of both at the end of three months. (d) And if you diagree, without every receipt, which of course we all keep, your helpless !!!

(3) Bottom line:- From my own personal view, Tesco do not want to believe that one of their loyal customers could possibly have a genuine complaint!!! The missing points may well be only speculation on my part! After all Tesco's do have 'Their Computer'. But just imagine the information feed in to it has become corrupted in some way !!!! Or harder to believe perhaps, the card is damaged !!! I could go on with other speculative excuses!!!. Tesco's, as far as I am concern are the big bad Wolf, who do not care about their customers and will pay the price in end for not listening to their CUSTOMERS!!!

I am afraid that unless you have till receipts to prove this then I doubt you will get much further with Tescos, if they consider that you have been award all the points that you are entitled to and you cannot prove otherwise, then I fail to see what else can be done.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Funny, this really looks like towing the party line: I am afraid that unless you have the till receipts to prove this .... then I doubt you will get much further with us at Tescos! And, if we consider that you have been award all the points WE THINK your are entitled to. Go away, then WE fail to see what else can be done, so as WE said GO AWAY. And let this be a lesson to you others, who dare to complain, we make the rules, you just keep them !!!!

Funny, this really looks like towing the party line: I am afraid that unless you have the till receipts to prove this .... then I doubt you will get much further with us at Tescos! And, if we consider that you have been award all the points WE THINK your are entitled to. Go away, then WE fail to see what else can be done, so as WE said GO AWAY. And let this be a lesson to you others, who dare to complain, we make the rules, you just keep them !!!!

Nothing to do with "towing the party line", all to do with substantiating a claim. "Because I said so" doesn't work, whether be with customer services or in a court of law.

If I understand you correctly on the sketchy info you give:

1 - You think that you have spent x amount at Tesco's.

2 - You think that your points didn't get added or disappeared from your account.

3 - You didn't check your receipts and/or kept the receipts where there may have been a discrepancy.

4 - You then went on the same charm offensive you are displaying here to Tesco's and expect them to give you X amount of Clubcard points on your say-so that something somewhere has gone wrong.

Time for a reality check: They're Tesco Clubcard points, and you have no proof whatsoever that there's been any wrongdoing, just a vague suspicion. Get over it, and move on. Life's too short to get obsessional about things like that. On your deathbed, of all the things you will think of you wish you had done, I'm pretty sure "I wish I had got all my points off my Tesco Clubcard Points" will NOT even make the top 20. ;-)

there are some items which don't attract points. i think powdered baby food is one, things like cigarettes are another. not sure on all the details but im sure the md will be able to tell you more if you write to him

Or you can simply look at the terms and conditions!

In-store Every time you shop in-store or at a Tesco Petrol filling station, make sure you scan your Clubcard or Key fob† and collect 1 point for every £1 spent.

there are some items which don't attract points. i think powdered baby food is one, things like cigarettes are another. not sure on all the details but im sure the md will be able to tell you more if you write to him

As a man over '21' I've gone past buying 'Powered Baby Food' now.

But we are talking of items that have a points value.... ie: Petrol and hardware.

Nothing to do with "towing the party line", all to do with substantiating a claim. "Because I said so" doesn't work, whether be with customer services or in a court of law.

Bookworm:

1 - I know that I have spent x amount at Tesco's.

2 - I do think that my points have not been added to my account.

3 - You are quite correct I did not check my receipts and I did not keep

the receipts. So have no idea where the discrepancy occurred.

4 - BUT! you are wrong to question my charm offensive. You may be quite

happy to allow people to rob you, that is your choice.

If it is time for a reality check: They may only be Tesco Clubcard points, BUT THEY ARE MINE! You are quite correct in saying I have no proof whatsoever that there's been any wrong doing, just a positive suspicion.

Life is far too short to get ripped off. And on my deathbed, of all the things I will think of, it will not be "I wish I had got all my points off my Tesco Clubcard Points", then the wife could have lived it up in Alton Towers.

But you might ask yourself the question, should I be associated with DUMMIES' GUIDE TO THE CONSUMER ACTION GROUP FORUM Because Action seems against your overall reason for life........

If I e-mail someoneexpect a personal reply. The MDs should listen to their customers. Otherwise if I owe them money I might be too busy to answer their calls!

Credit Allergy:

You appear to be a person after my own heart. I believe that if you write to someone, they should be courteous enough to reply. But this is not the case in the real world. Here, the large corporations want your money, but not your questions or queries....

They love your custom, as long as you know and keep your place. And never knock on the doors of their Ivory Castles... You know the same Ivory Castles that are paid for by us, the simple punters.

'Bout time you started acting your age, then.

Accept it, you've lost your Tesco points, if you ever had them in the first place. Shop at Waitrose

Thank you Michael Browne, I wonder where the 'in' place was for the very old was ... WAITROSE !!!!

And if your are a man over21, perhaps you'd care to use your real name, so that the people here could see the name of a coward who states "If you ever had them in the first place"

Me might be stupid, but I ain't no liar!!!!!!!!!!

BUT! you are wrong to question my charm offensive.
Clearly. :rolleyes:

You may be quite happy to allow people to rob you, that is your choice.
Excuse me while I have a quiet chortle, which my fellow consumers and fighters are free to share.

If it is time for a reality check: They may only be Tesco Clubcard points, BUT THEY ARE MINE!
Actually, not really, it is a marketing incentive, which if you really want to be pernickety about, Tesco's very likely have somewhere in their T&Cs reserved the right to withdraw the offer at any time without having to compensate you in any way, shape or form.

You are quite correct in saying I have no proof whatsoever that there's been any wrong doing, just a positive suspicion.
Which as stated before is not sufficient for Tesco's to take your word for it.

Life is far too short to get ripped off. And on my deathbed, of all the things I will think of, it will not be "I wish I had got all my points off my Tesco Clubcard Points", then the wife could have lived it up in Alton Towers.

But you might ask yourself the question, should I be associated with DUMMIES' GUIDE TO THE CONSUMER ACTION GROUP FORUM Because Action seems against your overall reason for life......

rofl.gif. Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh tonight.