Scotcall Doorstep Collection Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:eek:

Oh dear just got this:

Scotcall Debt Collecting Services

Doorstep Collection Notice

My outstanding debt (£66.80) has been placed with scotcall. Failure to pay or contact in 7 days from date on letter (2nd march) will result in my account being passed onto Field Representatives to arrange a doorstep call.

To avoid they require immediate payment in full, or contact immediately with a realistic offer of repayment. I can pay online or call an 0870 number .

i know it's not a big debt (my others are) but it's to do with a mix-up about a phone (3) contract and the Indian call centre not processing my new details correctly.

Anyway i suspect they are pushing thier luck?? how should i deal with them?

Thankyou.:confused:

If they do turn up, quote the following at them:

"Be advised OFT rules and regulations clearly state that you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. There is only an implied license under Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Law for you, or your representatives, to visit me at my property and if you persist in sending “doorstep callers” to my home, you will be reported for harassment and be liable for damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be liable for conspiring in a tort of trespass by acting in defiance of my instructions and sending someone to visit me nevertheless."

Then slam the door in their face.

• Haha 1

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Thankyou for the speedy replies!

Yes i know what it is for, an old contract with 3G, they are trying to get 2 months out of my after my contract ended, i got new contract with them, new numb and phone, and was told at Indian call centre where i sorted new phone out my old contract would be closed (i'd had it for the full 18months) now they are saying i should have closed it in writing, i cancelled my old DD straight away and set up the new one, they wrote to me 2 months later after not being able to get the money from my bank, untill then i was unaware there was a problem.

Tiglet and Scarlet are spot on, if you want to have something in writing, send them this by recorded delivery...

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully/sincerely

• Haha 1

Urgh they are cheeky, we sent them the do not visit letter and they turned up on the doorstep after it!

How did you deal with them?

Were you able to get rid? I would have panicked with out this site helping, i am trying to deal with various debts (from stupid charges etc) without hassle for my partner, he is on medication for depression, if he see's this letter threatening a doorstep call he won't cope right now, even though this is in my name.

• 4 years later...

Hi. I know the original query is 4 years old but it is worth pointing out that there is no law of tresspass in Scotland so I don't know if that letter would be applicable.

I am not sure what law would cover this although I am aware that the calling without appointment rule is still applicable.

I've received a similar letter from Scotcall and would be interested if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks

As far as im aware, its illegal for them to call at a scottish residence.

Also Trespass (Scotland) Act 1865 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Vict/28-29/56

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The simple fact that no one is oblige to discuss anything with any doorstep caller, jus invite them to leave and close the door, a simple and easy remedy.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi

I have been in financial difficulties since my husband left 15 months ago, he returned to America and has nothing to do with me and our 4 kids. Prior to this we were ona debt management plan with the CCCS but all letters were addressed to him and forwarded on and he ignored them all and they cancelled the DMP.

I am doing a degree and MUST finish my last year.

This morning I got this email:

We have been appointed by the above client to recover from you the amount owed on the above contract.

Our client is disappointed that despite their attempts to contact you, you failed to pay or advise them of any financial problems that you may be having. We have therefore been instructed to visit you at your home to either collect the full balance due, or make arrangements for this long overdue debt to be repaid as quickly as possible.

To resolve this matter without the need for a personal visit, you should call one of our Advisors on 0844 257 8555 who will discuss your repayment options with you. Alternatively, you can repay the outstanding balance online using a debit or credit card at

If you are experiencing financial difficulties, please let us know and we will do our upmost to help you.

If you choose to ignore this notice, we are left with no option but to instruct one of our Debt Collection Agents to visit you to discuss your proposals for repayment.

If you have received this email in error please notify us by calling the number below.

Any advice on what I should do would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Threatogram...

Email them or write to them advising them that they are allowed to visit you at home ONLY by appointment and that you have NO intention of making an appointment EVER!

There is a template letter in the library.

Hope this helps

Regards

BM

It never rains but it pours...

Hi, Welcome to CAG,

The threat of doorstep collectors is designed to make you contact them by phone pleas do not be tempted to do so.

They have no authority what so ever.

Are the debts in your husbands name alone if so you have no liability to them what so ever.

So send this to The Compliance Manager at Scottcall by recorded delivery.

Ref: as on their e-mail/letters.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to your e-mail dated xx xx xxxx and the ''threat ''of an agent visiting my home, please be advised no such visit is to be made, all permissions implied or explicit are withdrawn for ant agent, representative or employee of Scottcall or any associated company to visit my home.

ALL contact MUST now be by Royal Mail (proof of posting is not accetable as proof of delivery.

As all correspondence regarding this matter is addressed to my estranged husband who is no longer resident in the UK I now inform you that I do not acknowledge any debt, obligaton or liability to Scottcal or any company you may claim to represent.

All mail has been forwarded to the original addressee.

I now insist that you cease all contact with me concerning my estranged husbands debts.

You can e-mail this but please follw it up by recorded delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

In your name yet all letters addressed to him?

Are the debts in realtion to his business and in the business name?

This particular debt is in my name. In my original post I meant the CCCS correspondance was in his name which is why they were forwarded to him (I didnt open his mail) and he ignored them, which is then why they cancelled the debt management plan due to lack of contact.

Dear Sir/Madam

You have stated your intention to perform a home visit at [insert address here], In order to ensure that you are dealt in a similar manner to any other unwanted visitor can you please answer the following questions.

As part of your eviction from my property

1. Would you prefer to be savaged by

a. Rottweiler,

b. German Shepherd,

c. Akita,

d. Staffordshire Bull Terrier* (*please note due to the size difference with our Staffordshire Bull terriers and the other breeds held at the above property, more than one Staffordshire Bull Terrier will be set on you, this is also to ensure that you receive an equal service quantity-wise)

2. Would you like to order a video recording of your eviction (carries a standard fee of £50)

3. Would you like a medical Professional present for your eviction? (carries a standard fee of £500)

Kind Regards

XXXXXX

• Haha 1