Copy of No Claims Discount

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Would anyone be able to give me any advice please?

I am currently insured with Elephant for car Insurance and have been for about 3 years. My husband was with them and I got a good discount for going with them also. When I moved to them, I was never sent a copy of my no claims bonus and never requested one as the Elephant man! said they would match my husbands NCD of full.

Now I have gotten a cheaper quote from another company and called Elephant to see if they could match it, as I have been happy with them, but they say they can only match it if I send proof of my previous NCD, as I have only earned 2 years with them.

Unfortunately for me, my previous company is Axa Direct who are no longer. I have called the company who took them over and spoke to about 12 different people and no-one knows what I am on about. So I can't get hold of my NCD.

Am I just going to have to pay the more expensive amount with Elephant until I build up to full no claims discount, or because I in theory already have full NCD but no proof shall I just go with the new company and hope they dont ask for proof?

Any advice welcome, thanks

Jo xxx

Halifax CCA letter sent 3 May

2 x CL Finance letters sent 3 May

Halifax and CL letters received 6 May

Halifax responded with valid CCA, but need to query default

CL Finance failed to provide CCA by 2 July - letter sent