Urgent advice needed

wggr593
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was involved in an accident early last month where my car was written off by a third party who has admitted liability.

Although I have been dealing with my own insurer as i was fully comp his insurer has now contacted me and offered a settlement for my vehicle which i am happy with. They are going to contact me at approx 1pm to confirm acceptance.

What i really need to know is how do i make sure that if i accept this payment it is only with regards to the vehicle. I have legal expences policy who are dealing with me car hire, personal injury and any other compensation i may be due due to loss of vehicle.

Any advice accepted.:confused:

wggr593,

Sorry you havent had a reply until now, and It's probably too late now, but just in case its not, or anyone looks at this thread in the future, you would have to check the acceptance form you are signing....

It should state 'full and final settlement, in respect of vehicle damage' or similar...

NOT: 'full and final settlement of my claim'

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

Sorry just read this post and might be to late. My advice is to check with your own insurance company before agreeing to anything.

YES, check with your insurance company first, or if you have a solicitor working on your case. tell the 3rd parties insurance to contact your solicitor.

DO not accept anything without first checking with your solictor or insurance company.

Nerarly 2 months ago when some reversed into me and caused me whiplash, i was offered physio by the 3rd parties insurance company. I told them to get in touch with my solicitor dealing with my claim, because she refused to inform her insurance company, because of the PI cliam.

They offered I told them to put it to my solicitor I am STILL waiting for the offer of physio.

So next week I have an appointment with a privated practise DR who is going to look at my neck and the pain I still have when it gets cold, and make a report and send it to my solicitor to get the PI claim settled, hopefully. BUT I gave it to them to deal with I did not accept.

BE very careful or they may try to rip you off, by saying, we didn't offer A,B,C or D

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool: