Help With Tesco Home Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI ALL HOPE YOU CAN HELP US MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE OUR HOME INSURANCE WITH TESCO ONLY GOT 4MONTHS LEFT, WE PAY BY MONTHLEY INSTALMENTS, I CANCELLED DIRECT DEBITS ABOUT A MONTH A GO DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS (SICK FROM WORK) SO WE WAS TRYING TO SORT ANOTHER WAY HOW WE COULD PAY THEM MY HUSBAND WAS GOING TO SEND THEM A CHEQUE FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS APPARENTLEY THEY DONT EXCEPT CHEQUES, THAN OUT THE BLUE WE RECEIVED A LETTER SAYING THAT WE HAVE NOT REPLYED TO THE THEIR PREVIOUS LETTER, ( DID NOT HAVE ONE,) SO THEY HAVE SENT US A DEFAULT LETTER, THE INSTALLMENTS ARE NOT DUE TILL THE 1ST OF EVERY MONTH SO IT WOULD HAVE GIVE US TIME TO SORT THE PROBLEM OUT BEFORE IT WAS DUE,ADVICE WOULD BE MOST APPRICIATED :mad:

Unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do. When you pay by direct debit, you have a credit agreement. By cancelling your Direct Debit Instruction you automatically breached that agreement. When the banks notify us that a mandate is cancelled, our system automatically generates a letter asking you to contact us so we can discuss the situation with you.

If you didn't respond then a second letter is sent advising you that you are now in breach of the credit agreement and will usually mention cancellation if further action is not taken.

You best bet is to call our payments dept ASAP and explain your situation and let them see what they can do to help you. As long as you can clear the arrears on a card, they will usually allow you to keep paying by monthly payments.

The reason we don't accept cheques is purely down to the admin cost involved in processing them.

Hope This Helps

DA

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)