A Qutoe Insurance

johnh76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I payed for a friends car insurance for the year in full on my debt card. The following year we were on holiday & £655 was taken from my account.:eek: Not knowing where this money had gone & fearing my card had been cloned, i cancelled my card & asked my bank to investigate.

Then realising it was A Quote, i cancelled my pending claim with my bank & went directly to A Quote. Firstly can they leagaly take money from my account when the policy holder is someone else? Is this not theft????

I eventuly received this money back after months of numerous frustrating calls, minus £26.25 aparently due to breach of terms & conditions!!

How can i be in breach of their terms & coditions when his was not my policy?!?!? :mad:

This is common practice with insurance companies and other annual subscriptions, particularly internet applications.

It's usually buried somewhere in the small print that they will automatically take the renewal unless you inform them otherwise. And who, even if you're aware of that, remembers about it 12 months down the line?

As a matter of course, having paid by card, I now always immediately send them a letter that I do not wish for it to be automatically renewed and that I do not give my permission to debit my card. It's a pain, but saves hassle in the future

On the one occasion when they still took the money, pointing out the letter from 12 months previously and the threat of making a charge-back, resulted in an instant refund.