low back pain- pre existing condition??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Can anybody help me with this

How can I explain the insurance that even if I had before low back pain is not a pr eexisting condition for a claim injury by accident (heavy lifting).

I am claiming for days in hospital . We all have back pain all for different reasons and in different parts of your low back and different type of pain.

Thanks

Guest louis wu

I'm slightly unsure what you mean. Are your looking to make a claim for a back injury, and the insurance company are stating it's a pre-existing condition?

If so, I don't think it's for you to prove, I believe it will be up to the medical experts, with copies of your relevant medical history, to make that judgement.

louis

I looked at this last night and shyed away from replying cos I don't want to be too negative but I need to know certain details before I can answer fully.

Have you have EVER seen your doctor about lower back pain? If so your insurer will claim total moratorium i.e you have suffered it before and they will exclude any recurrence.

The insurer will ask for a medical report from your GP, which you will have consented to by signing forms from the insurance company.

SO - questions I need answered.

Have you ever seen your GP or been treated for low back pain

Do you have a pre-existing back complaint for which you have not been treated

You claim "heavy lifting". What was the maximum weight you were expected to lift unassisted? I'm asking this as there are limits under Health and Safety regulations but I'm not about to lead you

Guest louis wu
Have you have EVER seen your doctor about lower back pain? If so your insurer will claim total moratorium i.e you have suffered it before and they will exclude any recurrence.

Don't just assume that. It is possible to have unrelated injuries, skeletal apposed to muscular are an obvious example.

I agree Louis but undefined back pain is one of the most common excuses for not going to work. I'm not suggesting that estela is one of those but any visit to the GP with a dodgy back might provoke an insurer into refusing a future claim as the GP would be obliged to disclose it.

Most skeletal injuries or defects are clearly defined these days by X-Ray or MRI. The same is not true of muscular defects and bear in mind that back pain can also be due to other causes (kidney stones, gall stones etc).

Any previous visit to the GP with an undefined back ache will almost certainly result in an insurer refusing a claim if the visit took plice prior to the inception of the policy.

Guest louis wu

Very true, and backs are very difficult to exactly diagnose.....very useful for those looking for some time off work (the 'I've got back pain' line), but can be used against you by the insurance companies.