equity red star. Is this Slander???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have recently made a claim, for a fridge freezer, 2 weeks before Christmas and it took ages just to get an engineer out. I was frequently told different information each time I phoned which was many, many times, sometimes i was told some one would be out tomorrow. On the last time I phoned a chap told me that my claim had not even been looked at so no one would be coming, at this point I asked to speak to a supervisor especially as the chap I was talking to told me to 'do whatever I liked' when I suggested that I wished I had been insured with someone else. He said that there was no one available, when I asked his name he hung up! My broker is the caravan club so I rang them for help, they made enquiries and came back to me stating that the advisor at equity said he hung up because I swore at him, this in no way is true and now forms part of the details the Caravan Club hold on me.

Equity have not apolagised, in deed all they have said is that it will be dealt with internally and I will not recieve any further feedback from them. If I cancel at this stage, which is what i want to do I will have to pay the full amount of fees to October and my broker wants £30 for cancellation. Can they lie about me like this and make me pay for the privelage of being distressed?

Incidently I am a nurse and my reputation is of great value to me.

Captital One :) :Settled in full at LBA £676.00

Barclays 1 :rolleyes:

05/01/06.

Court date set 13th April

Barclays 2 :rolleyes:

Barclay Card::p

Monument: :p

All my cases are being heard at the same time for 2.5 hours

Subject access request would be the way forward, you want any records they have of your conversations with them, and if they cannot provide a record of this call you would then both report them to the data commissioner and write them stating that you intend to file for slander - FOS would be a laugh too, should cost them about the same amount as the entire claim to deal with your complaint..... :D Make sure that you exhaust their internal complaints procedure and that you ask where to send the SAR before you send it - if they can't tell you then just make sure it's all written down!

Thanks, I have spoken to a legal advice person and they have suggested the SAR route, so I shall post my letter tomorrow, thanks for your advise

Captital One :) :Settled in full at LBA £676.00

Barclays 1 :rolleyes:

05/01/06.

Barclays 2 :rolleyes:

Barclay Card::p

Monument: :p

All my cases are being heard at the same time for 2.5 hours