Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Jim Beard Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2006

Default Debit /Credit card authorisation codes

Just a thought but evey transaction that is passed at the retail end has an authorisation code.

If a transaction is authorised, how can you then be penalised when they have allowed it. The banks know to the nanosecond when you make a credit purchase but deem to ignore it so they can then penalise you.

Entrapment?? Or am I losing the plot?

Similar Threads:
    Jim
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Docubot has disabled reputation

Cagger since : Jan 2006

But you're not being penalised - you are merely reimbursing them their costs that were incured through your mindless breach of their contracts.

Advice & opinions of Dave and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder robtuk Novitiate

Cagger since : Feb 2006

Not every transaction is authorised there and then (apart from Solo and Electron cards)

Shops have a 'floor limit' a good example would be 10. All transactions below this are authorised automatically by the shop (apart from a few which may be randomly checked).

Basic Account Holder gerih Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2006

That seems a good point though.If you could prove that they "manually intervened" and then allowed you to go overdrawn,then you might have a good case against them.No idea how you would prove it though.

HUSBANDKHAN

Default Re: Debit /Credit card authorisation codes

If You Have 2 Available You Can Fill Up Upto 60 Worth Of Fuel From A Tesco Self Service Pump. Over A Week End You Can Do This 3 Times As The First Debit Will Come Through 3 Days After You Bought The Fuel. This Does Not Work At A Counter Though !!!!

Banned Karnevil

Cagger since : Apr 2006

Default User is banned

User is banned, content is deleted automatically.

HUSBANDKHAN

no what i am saying is how can 60 be authorised when you only have 2 in your account ? it seems either the bank or either the retailers are using a manual trick which the general public do not know about.

HUSBANDKHAN

similar thing with enterprise hire i booked a people carrier for 2 days. they took the deposit and also refunded the deposit in the same transaction despite no money being available in my account. i did this on a saturday and on the wednesday they credited the 150 deposit and then debited the rent from it which was 169.99. how can this have happened ? normally if you use a debit card the debit is held by your bank and then debited ot taken of the account when the processing bank asks for the money. i belive that there was a manual intervention by either enterprise or Lloydsicon and again something has happened to which the general public have no knowledge of

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE