style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello anybody there? Seriously I just need to know because I was witness to an accident months ago and have only just received a very detailed statement form asking for types of vehicles positions etc and am a little shocked this wasnt done sooner to protect the claimant. You see I dont drive a car myself and am worried about what I put down, due to time passed. Should I contact the insurers and just say I would have been helpful had you contacted me previously. How do these things work.:?

The wheels of justice turn slowley. I'd return it including a statment somthing to the effect of "it's been 4 month and I've descibed the incident best I can remember"

I had to give a witness statment for someone who crashed a push bike into a pot hole and went over the handle bars once. The solicitors letter I got was intimidating and not very friendly with threats of legal action if I did not complete it. Not very nice especially as I was only about 14 at the time!

Thanks for the advice. I rang them today and they explained everything. I know I was a witness, just that it was so long ago and vital info could get forgotten. They told me today the parties had seemed to be okay with liability and then the other car decided to try and blame the person I was witness to. So its very important I give as accurate a response as I can and lucky enough i've found last years diary, with the vital date of incident. Its just altough I remember it, I was hoping not to get involved, but I have to do the right thing.

They have said it shouldnt involve court action and just is needed to confirm the liability is with the other driver, which it was. and I hope that'll be an end to my involvement.