cirencester friendly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i need advice had policy with cirencester friendly for income protection back a few years ago through finanial advicer which i used i was injured and tried to claim but i had clause that i could not claim anything to do with shoulder we were paying £32.00 each so said to husband he can put my payment with his, later on he needed to claim he was told he was over loaded so they paid one payment as my husband cancelled policy as work payed him sick my argument we took policy out in 2000 first then upped payment in 2001 how come in 2003 when we cancelled then why did'ent they write to us sooner to let us know my husband was overloaded,i wrote to them claiming money back and they said that it dont concern them it's the finanial advicer to deal with it but our payment was took every month by direct debit by cirencester and friendly can i claim money back as it is over £1000 pound.i would like to point out that i recieved £50.000 from my company for injury of my shoulder which was caused by health &safety officer rushing through fire door and banging the door into me which resulted me having op for shreading rotery cuff and now being 20% disabled.

Hi Andena,

Sorry, I've just noticed that you haven't had a reply to this. This does seem strange, as they took the money every month so they must have a record of this. Insurance isn't an area I'm too familiar with, but hopefully somebody will be along shortly to advise you further/point you in the right direction.

Best of luck with this, :)

• Haha 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

thank you so much i was beginning to think nobody cared at last i might be able to get some good advice.thanks to this site got nearly £100 from GE for miss sold ppi. hope i can resolve this one thank you again.

Hi again Andena,

I've flagged this up for you, but you could please clarify which part of the above you're looking for a response for though as it isn't very clear at the mo.

Thanks, hedgey :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

i want to know if cirencester&friendly to go after as the financial adviser only set it up for us they did not receive the monthly payments over the years.surely when we increased payments they would of known that my husband was paying to much,how come they did not let us know.

Hm, given that this is an insurance policy, I would assume cirencester&friendly are the firm that should be dealing with it. If they refuse to deal with the complaint, then you can raise a further complaint with F.O.S.

What I think you are asking is... You had a policy, which was paid for every month by direct debt. You have written to cirencester&friendly and they either have no records of the payment, OR, for some reason your payments lapsed.

They have therefore refused to pay out on a claim.

However, you have proof you paid this money... if you send it to them, they should abide by the terms of the contract.

However, if you did cancel the policy you can NOT make them repay the mobey paid previously under the contract, unless the reasons for cancelling was that the policy did not cover you (i.e. you had a pre-exisiting condition, were self employed, or were unempolyed) and you were missild the policy. which would be difficult to claim for if you recieved independant financial advice.

I hope I have answered your questions, but I am still not too clear about your circumstances.

If this doesn't answer your question, the best thing to do is to contact the citizens advice bureau or national debt line. In reality, with these kind of contract issues, it is normally a good idea to get a 10 minute free consultation with a soliciter (which citizens advice can provide) who will inform you if you have a leg to stand on, and give you advie on how to proceed.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Thank you at last somebody responded i think the best thing to do is send it all of to fos and see what they think,at least it will give me peace of mind they are saying i have to take this up with financial advicer i have all statements for evidence as i asked for them for my bank charges.plus i have kept HSBC account open so i can look every thing up.i still think cirencester should sort this out as they had the money every month.thank you so much.we did cancell after we found out that my husband was overloaded means paid to much in which in my eyes why did'ent they notify us.

it is VERY important to write a formal complaint to the insurance company first... since the F.O.S. can not deal with it until they give you a final response.

Edit: have a look our complaints procedure and how to complain for a description of the process.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

i will sit down and have a good think about this as you said i will complain to them,they did not imform us with the imformation if they had done we would of not doubled our payment to £64 i will go down that line stateing i will pass it onto fos. what do you think.

Well, it's worth a try... if my understanding is correct. Although this is NOT the same type of insurance, this http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/factsheets/payment-protection-insurance.pdf might give you some ideas about what reasons the FOS will investigate.

The only problem is that these issues are quite a while back, and so the FOS might decide not to investigate, but - personally - I would not engage in a court claim without legal advice.

when i had accident off work for 3 years through done no win no fee i nearlly ended up losing our house as it took nearly 3 years to settle it was very streesful as hsbc would not give us overdraft so we had to go to finanial advicer to sort out a morgage which he found tracker with halifax it only took a couple of weeks then the company paid me £50,000 paid all debts off went back to hsbc they greeted us with open arms in the end i had a nervous break down ended up having treatment then found out i lost all confidence could not sort any problems to do with money that is why it has took me so long to sort my life out. my husband also ended up ill through strees and strokes as he worked at NEW L FASHION FACTORY and had bad time you can guess the rest.but since i have got involed with this forum i have got my confidence back, a very big thanks to all sorry to go on.