exessive time to repair

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i had a lorry reverse into my 2 year old £50k motorhome on 2nd August 2007. the driver admitted liability and signed an accident form saying so and gave me a copy. the insurance company approved the repair (150 hours labour plus parts!) which is about £11k they also promised to supply a curtesy vehicle. we have been without the use of the motorhome since then and we normaly go away at least every second weekend often more. whats more is the repair is estimated at 6-8 weeks and the motorhome is still in a storage field with holes in it getting damp etc.

i checked on the net and to hire a similar (6 berth, mine is a 7 berth) motorhome it would add up to £17K from 2nd august 07 to march 08 (but it could be longer)

the company that has the job to repair it says they are waiting for parts from germany and dont know how long they are going to take.

i have been without it for 6 months and missed many family holidays, and it looks like i am going to miss loads more as it will be well into the summer when i get it back. as this was totally not my fault i feel a bit put out and i was wondering if i am within my rights to demand a pay out so i can just get another one and get on with it? this was our pride of joy and i cant even bring myself to go and see it rotting in the storage yard.

any advice would be welcolme

Dave