Benefits advice

Joa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As an experienced money/welfare adviser I would like to underline to all who seek benefits advice to be very careful when seeking such advice from an open, self-help, public forum. Your situation is unique and, unless you are an expert or benefits veteran, you will not even know what details to post in order to receive a correct advice. Therefore you are risking relying on misleading information which you may accept to your detriment.

Similarly, please do not advise about posters' entitlement from knowledge based on your own circumstances. Your goodwill should be restricted to suggestions about possible entitlement to benefits, for example that poster may be entitled to Housing Benefit, but never "£300 per week, if you have children" or "nothing, because you are a student" etc.

Benefit rules are very complex and are always applied to this singular, particular, individual claimant. There are very few benefits which pay out equal amount no matter what your circumstances, for example Child Benefit.

Bad advice ruins lives.

Please remember, you can access quality advice at Community Legal Advice and Advicenow: independent law and rights advice, legal service providers, advice service alliance, UK - Default

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

bump- sorry for this nuisance but until this is made into a prominent sticky, I am afraid I will be bumping it on from time to time :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

should put the petition up as a sticky joa i too have been diagnosed for FIBROMYALGIA AND ME,BUT i am thinking that the underlying illness was vascular problems that went undiagnosed in 1998 but was at last discovered through more meaningfull tests that it was vascular problems,i now have my claim for compensation going through because of maladministration ,i went to every welfare rights sight you could imagine,not one could help so i went through the proccess of reading looking year in year out for information i could nt get the dwp atos origion reports even through the Freedom of Information Act REQUEST ,then six moths ago i decided that enough was enough and wrote to my mp even he was initially refused any information from the DWP well that made me look even harder ,in the end i wrote to the INFORMATION COMMISSIONER AND THE INDEPENDANT CASE EXAMINER,now the DWP would like for me to withdraw my complaints......but it was the principle and my anger at the DWP/ATOS REPORTS that were false and i have no intention of withdrawing my complaint ,the DWP want to discuss compensation this friday ,so i will find out then what they have to offer as i distrust them so much and i have also demanded that i receive the ATOS ORIGION REPORTS ,all five EMP reports,as i am claiming back to 2003,it was the shame the loss of credibility amongst familly and freinds no amount of compensation can make this feeling go away..i am not sure whaat to expect at this meeting but my MP will be with me he has also forwarded his own complaint in conjuction with mine to ICE and the Parlimentary Omsbudsman,have you any ide3a what i can expect at this meeting

patrickq1

i have looked at this web page and not yet deciphered it to be sure as to what it means

DWP - Resource centre - Policy and strategy publications - Guide to Financial Redress for Maladministration

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Patrickq1 - re your post above, what ended up happening with that situation in the end?

Note - all posts are my opinion only, and no action should be taken on any advice given without consulting independant advice from a suitably qaulified advisor.

INFORMATION COMMISSIONER AND THE INDEPENDANT CASE EXAMINER,now the DWP would like for me to withdraw my complaints

like anyone who trys to go for any authority your information seems to have a habit of disapearing,three registered letter and several e mails i dropped the mep who was looking at it because he had attended several functions that the boss of the dwp had been too so i asked are you two freinds ,,,i hit the roof and this year at local elections i made up a plackard accusing him of being a social climber and check his expenses...lol he was gutted and i am glad to say lost his re selection haha ...anyway seems you need to exhaust all avenues before the independant goverment paid independant case examiner will look at it...i am still awaiting some clarification from ATOS ORIGON who have also lost two recorded delivery letters under the foi andsking for a full AUDIT TRAIL this is what you must ask for this way all data less the missing data must be supplied note i said missing data i have several sheets and dates completely missing so i am awaiting this to be sent to me i asked for an independant reveiw of this department and to consider mal administration...so i am still awiting info like banging your head against a brick wall.....as for the reference i noticed some days ago i was unaware that atos had changed their policy with regards to video evidence fortunately i was allowed in 2007 ...but this AWT went ok at the time the info i am after is mainly from 2003 - 2007 ,i have found a freind who is involved in couriers service and apparently the north wales area have records in storage dating back to 1999 when the courier started moving the old records so i still await clarification from the MINISTER about this data being in storage

patrickq1