• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

bank of scotland

bluedannyw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have many threads on this board, Capital One who have sold the account to Lowells, Mint Card account being collected by AIC, Egg Card who since CCA request to Arc Europe have heard nothing. American Express being collected by Credit Solutions and Brachers solicitors. None of these have come up with an executed agreement which has the correct terms and conditions.

But after sending the request to EOS for a Bank Of Scotland account they have sent me an agreement which looks like it may be the real deal. I will post the agreement on here tommorow for the experts on here to look at. But it looks pretty goodto me. The only thing is when I sent the request i clearly added at the bottom of te page please send to the address at the top of the letter. They still sent this to my old address and continue to hound me at work, which I refuse to speak to them. If they just read my last letter they could see my address. So I have refused to respond to them unil they send me a letter to my address.

It's quite scary to think that these debt collection agencies pay tracing companies to find people, when if they only read correspondence they could have found me a lot easier.

well the perscribed terms are on the agreement.

Like Belaflat says did you ge the T&C with the agreement

No

If they have not supplied the Original T&C with the agreement thay are still in default

HAK

Thanks for clarifying this point hak.

I will now send them a letter asking for them to send me the original terms and conditions. But this will not need my signature on them will it? So they can send me these rather easily. So i think its time to negotiate a payment deal. Thanks again hak.

No dont arrange nothing yet.

Send this for now

V

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxxxx.

I must inform you that you have yet to present all the information required.

The sections pacifically states that all documents mentioned must be presented. The original terms and conditions which form an integrated part of the agreement are missing.

I must remind you that until this information is made available the agreement is still in default and any action taken by you to enforce it will be in breach of section 78 and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just had a call from a very unhappy ex-landlord who has had bailiffs knock on his door his morning. I have now sent EOS a letter saying they never replied to my CCA. But if they have sent this to my previous address can they now send this to my new address, which I had provided with them and they had chose to ignore.

I'm hoping they were field agents and not actual bailiffs.

What happens if they have applied for a CCJ at my old address and as I have not been able to acknowledge it they have managed to get one by default.

Very worried now!!

Blue

have you checked your credit file recently? You could then identify any new CCJ. If there is one at your old address,especially if it is after you told the DCA of your new address,you could try to have the judgement set aside on the grounds that you weere not served but the creditor did know your new address.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

thanks Docman, I will do this.

They have been trying to call me at work but I have refused to answer them.

They would have had to have done this since christmas, so is it possible they would have got judgement that quick?

I have just done my credit report with Experian.

What is strange is it shows my current bank, phone contract. Old phone contract, old bank which was with only 2 months.

Which shows all looks good and payments up to date.

However my bank account I had for 13 years which went in default in 2004 for £1100 is not shown. Is this because it is in dispute and I have put in a claim for bank charges exceeding defaulted amount owed, which has been stayed?

Also I have defaulted on 4 credit cards which are being chased by DCA's. One of which has been sold. However only 1 account default is shown on my report. This is for Mint who I am disputing the CCA they have sent.

Why are the others not there?

This bank of scotland loan is shown at bottom of report, but does not say anything about condition of account - eg (1) (month late) or (8) defaulted, which is what it should say.

It also says that there are no records of ccj's against me.

So not sure if I can trust this information as most of my defaults are not shown.

I bumped into my ex landlord down town. He has told me he has just been denied a loan and believes this is due to the fact that i have defaults at his address. Surely the address does not matter, only the person who the debt is with.

Also he has told me the debt is for less than £1000 and he has had a letter from bryan carter solicitors case of phoenix recoveries. So this is not my bank of scotland loan. I think its for my tsb bank account, which is totally made of unlawful charges. Which has been stayed in court. Also all letters to tsb concerning this court action has been done from my new address and also the last contact concerning this debt was at my new address too from buchanan clark and wells.