HSBC is going to remove my overdraft facility help.

JOSH_IOU
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have today received a letter informing me that my overdraft facility of £600 will be removed on the 23rd of January.

They said that the overdraft facility would be removed.

They also ask for a list of income and outgoing list to be completed which the have called the Affordability form.

Is this punishment for sending them to court twice?

Can they do this?

How do I stop them?

Can I stop them?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

They do have the right to withdraw this facility, although you may of course be correct in the assumption that it is a retaliatory action for having reclaimed charges.

Proving it would be another thing. It would essentially be a case of complaining to the FOS and letting them decide, but if you feel as though they are doing this for no other reason, it might just be better to move to another bank who will offer the same or similar OD facility.

Are there other circumstances that could have affected this decision - change of financial status etc?

If your finances are in order, my best advice would be to move banks now. You might wish to keep this account open (unused) whilst you submit a complaint...

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 8 months later...

I think your best bet would be to open a parachute account somewhere else. That way you can start from scratch and manage your finances a bit better. Once you have set up a new account,you can then go back to HSBC and start up a repayment plan as well as carrying on with your claim.

If you need to check the charges, you can do this online at the HSBC website. You do need to be registered for this. You can check up to 6 years worth of statements.

I do not know any free "help" comapnies, but I am sure you can get all the advise you need right here. It also might be best to start up your own thread, that way we can advise you of the whole reclaiming process and it won't get confused with the advice given to JOSHIOU.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

sometimes it can take a while to get a response from the FOS. should you need any further help, just ask away. We are right here ready to help :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Take more water with it jo..............:D

PS : Have you told katylegs her answers are on here jo ? :confused:

:)

Edited by johnnymitch

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D