Advice Please?

Givuzagame
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could anyone tell me...

1. If you are the victim of a non fault accident are you entitled to a coutesy car from the other parties insurance?

2.and if so..should this be for a fixed period or until the claim is completely settled?

3. If they refuse to supply, can I hire privately and send them the bill?

3. What is an acceptable time to complete a claim?

4. Are insurance companies obliged to give additional offers?

5. If a "sent" cheque doesn't arrive - what should be the next course of action?

6. Can I take further dedress against the other driver if their insurance company fail to help? (and can they then claim back from their insurers? as otherwise what are we paying for?)

Are there any postings about car insurance? I couldn't find any.

Could anyone tell me...

1. If you are the victim of a non fault accident are you entitled to a coutesy car from the other parties insurance? YES.

2.and if so..should this be for a fixed period or until the claim is completely settled? Until the vehicle is repaired - providing that you are taking all reasonable steps not to delay the claim

3. If they refuse to supply, can I hire privately and send them the bill?

If they refuse, a reputable Hire Company will use a service called Credit Hire, which will invoice the TP direct.

3. What is an acceptable time to complete a claim?

Depends

4. Are insurance companies obliged to give additional offers?

No

5. If a "sent" cheque doesn't arrive - what should be the next course of action?

Ask them to stop and reissue it.

6. Can I take further dedress against the other driver if their insurance company fail to help? (and can they then claim back from their insurers? as otherwise what are we paying for?)

Yes - Your Claim will always be against the driver, not the Insurance Company. If it goes to court then the driver will be the first defendant

Are there any postings about car insurance? I couldn't find any.

Hope this helps

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Thanks for your comments.

The car in question is a write off.

It's an old car but my daughters only car, and was bought for her 21st birthday 5 weeks prior to accident for £350. Which was a fair price.

The insurance offered £200 initially. I've stuck out for £350 because of this and they've finally agreed but...

The initial 2 weeks car hire I fronted personally.

£102 insurance + £146 car hire.

They've agreed to reimburse.

They sent a cheque for £200 to conclude which I banked without prejudice towards my expenses (as out of pocket by above) whilst I awaited a further offer.

This all happened in August and in their dithering to get back to me have been paying for a hire car...

They asked me to seek out other cars to prove value (which I did as best as costing more in magazines too then complained I took a week to do it)

To date I have received £200 (banked without prejudice) + £50 + £50 (as of yet unbanked as I told them I would return if they didn't conclude)

They offered £250 then £350 so posted another £50 + £50, the cheque for the missing £50 (to make up the £350) plus my initial car hire in apparently en route since last Friday....so they haven't technically paid me for the car and they agreed orinally to pay for hire car until final cheque had cleared now they are disputing saying this.

(Which legal services said my daughter was entitled to a courtesy car too by the way)

On Friday they claimed they'd posted the next cheque (for the car hire £146 + final £50) when I queried it's non arrival I was told it will arrive "soon"

There has been no response to my asking exactly when it was posted.

They now also want an invoice for the insurance which is now being posted to me via my daughters insurers.

My daughter still has the hire car but Hastings are refusing to pay anymore (since 15th Nov) and although the hire company have left this with me they are claiming that my daughter is uninsured as Hastings not agreeing to pay.

Also the tax disc has expired and they have not yet delivered/posted a new one...

Rock and hard place here as daughter needs car for work and I can't afford to pay privately until sorted.

I can now suggest car hire people bill direct as you state so hopefully solves that for now.

This is probably why they've left it with me...

I gave the insurance company 14 days to sort (expired Friday just gone).

Got the small claims court paperwork but was giving chance for other cheque to arrive as promised. I'm trying to be fair here too...

Should I now take the driver or Hastings to court?

They are expecting me to take them to court....they claim they've done nothing wrong.....

I feel my daughter is being compromised here, no supposed insurance, no tax disc, no fault of her own either.

All I want is the caost of the car £350 plus my reimbursed expenses.

Is this too much to ask....?