• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBS Mint Mrs P V MINT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

could anyone tell me what % people are claiming against MINT. I have found rates from 8% to 33% and I don't want to get it wrong.

I am going to charge them as per their unauthorised borrowing rate as most of my charges are for going overlimit not being late with a payment.

Many thanks.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your charged interest rate will be on your statements. Don't guess, because they will strike out your claim. I am presuming you have not received your statements yet. Your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request was late April. GOOD LUCK.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Have other claims been struck out because rate was wrong?

I've seen no evidence of this.

I've charged them at their cash advance rate as thats what they 've charged me for all the amounts on the card.

• 3 weeks later...

SAR complied with.

Prelim sent for 280.00.

Offer recieved of 59.36 as F & F settlement, turned down F&F bit.

LBA on its way 21/06/07

Another letter today 27/06/07 with same offer.

Shall I move to the next stage or wait the 14 days from LBA?

Wait the 14 days. You have to show you have been reasonable. They won't take your claim to much further, because the amount involved makes it uneconomical for them to continue to far. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Customer Contact Centre CUSTOMER SERVICE

PO Box 6050 Southend-on-Sea SS99 1WL

OurRef: LS/BL/RBS

General Enquiries: 0870 410 0870

27 June 2007

Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Mrs XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated 21 June 2007, in response to my letter dated 14 June 2007.

I note your comments, however I would like to reiterate that my letter dated 14 June is the banks final response and therefore we are unable to enter in to any further correspondence regarding this matter.

Yours sincerely

Sarah Appleford Team Manager Customer Care Team

same letter i got as well

Abbey - Claiming £4,044.82:lol: offered £4,170 - accepted:) :) :) :)

Mint - Claiming £769.71:lol: offered £217 - declined

NatWest - Claiming £272

Me too via MCOL. According to the MCOL website it has been accepted and has been issued against RBoS so it will be interesting to see what happens over the next 14 days. BTW which RBoS address did you use on the claim?

I used the English Head Office at 1 Princes Street in London so it will be interesting to see if one address is quicker or more effective than other. The main reason being that it is close to where I work so it would be quite satisfying to see the bailiffs go in but I doubt that it will come to that!

• 4 weeks later...

I got no further response from MINT/RBoS until I put in the MCOL claim. Their initial response was to respond by saying that they would defend the claim. After a couple of weeks though they wrote to say that it was uneconomic to defend a small claim (mine was £240) and so they paid in full (claim, interest at 16.9%, refund of Court fee) and included a cheque.

• 4 months later...

At the end of Sept I wrote to Mint asking them to hold action on the account for at least 28 days due to a sudden but temporary drop in income. I received nothing from them, but today received this month's bill with all oustanding amounts added on, totalling £438.

There is no way I can afford to pay this amount. I can afford to pay this month's bill, but how do I negotiate to repay the arrears and all the interest added on in installments?

Thanks!

Mrs P

Pay what you can afford to pay.... and write a rec. delivery letter asking for them to suspend the interest for a 3 month period until you can get yourself straight.

Is this a defaulted account or do you still use the card ? Need a bit more info.

Even if you have defaulted, as far as I am aware, as long as you have made reasonable proposals for getting yourself straight, then they cannot issue court proceeding etc.

Perhaps it may be prudent to draw up a schedule of income and expenditure, and send it to them Special Delivery, with your proposals and that should be that. Stick the the arrangement.

Have a look at CCCS - Free Debt Advice from the UK's Leading Debt Charity where you can find out about Priority Debts (Mortgage / Rent / Council Tax / Utilities etc) and follow their process. Try CCCS - Preparing a Personal Budget

Check out OFT guidelines as well and perhaps quote a few of them to them.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Could someone please check if this CCA is enforceable - thanks!

cca2mintenlarged.jpg

cca2frommint.jpg

ccamintenlarged110209-1.jpg

There are a few differences between image 1 and images 2 & 3, ie credit limit, APR, default charges etc

I received letter from Triton Credit Services today, rang them and my payment has been cashed. I asked to change the repayment date (to suit wages) and was told it had now been passed to Solicitors. I have not missed payments, some may have been a little late, and as far as I was concerned, my arrangement to pay an agreed amount was still running.

Did you take the RBS Advanta account out online, Phatram? I had an RBS Advanta card (similar age to yours) and applied via a mailshot - I have never seen anything like the document they have sent you. Do you remember signing it?

Royal Bank of Sotland boast about recreating lost documents; look at anything they send you very closely!