Will this affect my premiums?

tycooncico
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was given a SP30 Fixed Penalty Notice 2 weeks after passing my test. I managed to get to the last week of my 2 year probation period but foolishly got caught speeding on the motorway and was slapped with a SP50, £60 fine and a further 3 points, taking my total tally to 6.

In turn, my license has been revoked and i am now in the process of booking tests.

However, I have not yet informed my insurance company (about the second lot of 3 points). I have spoke to them and the guy on the phone told me there wouldnt be any increase in my premiums by declaring the points, but i have been researching on the net and the most common theory is to expect a 25 - 55% increase.

Has anyone been in a simliar situation or could advice me further?

Cheers

The bloke you spoke to on the phone is a numpty. There are Insurance companies who do not increase premiums for 3 points on the licence, but increasing from 3 - 6 points always means an increase.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!